Saiko's Georgia Brunswick Stew, with Pron

Looks great!!

I did add some pulled pork I found in the freezer.

i-gGxJnpT-L.jpg

Really hit the spot on a cold winter evening.

Thank you for posting this. I tried making it once and didn't like the results. Definately going to try this.

Here is mine. I changed up the recipe just a tad but kept it pretty much the same. I did add one diced onion and sauted it in the butter before adding the other ingredients and I also added some baby lima beans and one large diced potato. It had pulled pork and chicken in it. I served it with my skillet chipotle cornbread. Everyone loved it. Thanks Saiko!!
BrunswickStew004.jpg

BrunswickStew010.jpg

Great job, it looks delicious!

Fabulous! That would be perfect on a cold, blustery day like today in my neck of the woods!

Lookin good, bro! We're making 36 gallons end of this month in two 18 gallon pots.

Thanks Saiko for the fantastic recipe. I have been meaning to make this for a few years since I had it while travelling through Georgia and seeing this thread finally got me to do it. I made it last night on the stove top and it was amazing. This might replace chili at my Super Bowl party.

Saiko has a good chili recipe too :wink:

Thanks Saiko for the fantastic recipe. I have been meaning to make this for a few years since I had it while travelling through Georgia and seeing this thread finally got me to do it. I made it last night on the stove top and it was amazing. This might replace chili at my Super Bowl party.

It's time for some good cold weather food.. Being from here in Georgia I love some good stew. I usually get mine from a BBQ joint from down the road, but I am going to try this recipe. This looks right up my alley! Gonna make this for the family before we go out tricker treating!

It's time for some good cold weather food.. Being from here in Georgia I love some good stew. I usually get mine from a BBQ joint from down the road, but I am going to try this recipe. This looks right up my alley! Gonna make this for the family before we go out tricker treating!

I always thought the Jot Em' Down had good stew too, until I tried this recipe. you won't be disappointed! :heh:

We gots some left over Brunswick stew that will get ate after we get back from candy collecting.

Still just plain awesome!! And yes it has onions in it.

Attachments

• DSC01118-1.jpg
    DSC01118-1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC01122-2.jpg
    DSC01122-2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 96
His recipe is absolutely AWESOME. I'll be making some this weekend, as a matter of fact....

I made some last night using this recipe. Only thing I did different was no ketchup and added 6 splashes of Worcestershire sauce. Oh... and I cut the corn off 4 fresh cobs we had instead of canned.

attachment.php

Getting cold out again, I'll be making a pot of this tomorrow as I have some leftover pulled pork.

I made a pair of briskets this weekend. There was some chopped leftovers set aside for this exact recipe. It will get mixed with some leftover pork in the freezer. No matter what rub / sauce I throw in, it's always good. Everyone should try it. Best way to get rid of all the left overs.

Back