I need a Fast-grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe ASAP!

Southern Home Boy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Alrighty then y'all. So, I promised the wife I'd grill up a Pork Tenderloin for dinner tonight. No big deal. I've smoked dozens of Tenders over the years.

Trouble is, I've never done one over direct heat on a gasser before and with only about an hour to get it done. :shock:

I'm thinking a simple Salt & Pepper & Garlic Powder rub over high heat about 2 minutes per side to get a nice crusty sear, then drop the heat and allow to "roast" for 15 - 20 minutes? :confused:

Any better ideas out there?

I like to wrap the loin with strips of bacon,tie them off, slice into medallions and then rub it down.
When grilling i grill the edges(bacon) first, turning/rolling them until crispy, then a quick sear on the faces and done...
jon

I like to wrap the loin with strips of bacon,tie them off, slice into medallions and then rub it down.
When grilling i grill the edges(bacon) first, turning/rolling them until crispy, then a quick sear on the faces and done...
jon

Yeah... I'd do that, but my wife has pretty much banned bacon from anything she eats. The whole purpose of the tenderloin is the low-fat, high-protein experience (she's training for a marathon:crazy:).

Thanks for the idea though. Next time she's out of town I might try that. :tape:

Pretty hard to screw it up. If your gasser has a bread rack, that is a good place for them, med-high heat. I dont think searing does a whole lot on a PTL. Rub with S&P and let it rip.

I've done it just the way you said ... a good sear then indirect until done.

If you have some fresh garlic that would be better than powder. I like to take minced garlic, coarse ground black pepper and a little rosemary ... smash it all up and rub it over the tenderloin.

I've done it just the way you said ... a good sear then indirect until done.

If you have some fresh garlic that would be better than powder. I like to take minced garlic, coarse ground black pepper and a little rosemary ... smash it all up and rub it over the tenderloin.

+10 on the rosemary. I also sliver fresh garlic and make hole in the meat with a knife and stuff the garlic in. I do it about every inch.

Marinate in a mixture of soy sauce, sherry, honey, shallot, ginger and fresh rosemary for a couple of hours. Remove and grill on hot fire turning frequently until it hits your favorite temp. While cooking the tenderloin strain the liquid and boil for a few minutes to kill anything not welcome to the party and then use as a dipping sauce with said pork! This stuff is really good!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/saras-secrets/marinated-grilled-pork-tenderloin-recipe/index.html

Marinating would have been a GREAT thing to do.... this morning. :redface:

Don't really have time now. Thanks though.

I love this recipe from Paula Deen on Foodnetwork

Marinade:
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 oranges, juices
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup tamarind concentrate
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon chopped scallions

1 pork tenderloin (about 12 ounces)
Olive oil, for brushing

Combine marinade ingredients in measuring cup and stir to combine. Place the pork tenderloin in a plastic, sealable bag. Pour marinade over the tenderloin and seal bag. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat an outdoor grill or preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove pork tenderloin from marinade and pat dry. Brush olive oil onto grill and over meat for extra flavor. Reserve marinade. Grill tenderloin until cooked through, about 30 minutes to 40 minutes over medium heat. Or roast in oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Allow meat to rest about 10 minutes before cutting into 2-inch serving pieces.
While meat is grilling, bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan, then lower the heat and gently simmer until it is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Stir occasionally. Drizzle a small amount of marinade over each piece of meat.

Episode#: PA1D07
Copyright © 2006 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

Back