MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #106
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcmaster View Post
That's actually pretty easy. You need to provide a KCBS member number and team name to be counted. Maybe it isn't "perfect" but it is a far better indicator of who is a comp cook as opposed to who is just a member.

And I only suggest that exclusivity on rules that directly affect the competition cooks.
So I just need to give a member number an any team name? So if I have a personal agenda and I want to stuff the ballot box, I get all of my non-cook friends to mention Pork Pullin Plowboys. There, you have a member number and a team name.

Actually, any member could say that they are a part of any team. Doesn't make them a cook.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 02-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #107
Rookie'48
Quintessential Chatty Farker

[QUOTE=SaucyWench;1171255... So we average it out and the score goes down. I can't see how this would please anyone.
I'm all for variety in chicken entries, but I think it should be up to the competitor to decide what he or she would like to turn in.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it should - just like skin on / off, if presented with skin on then the judge should at least taste the skin. Judge it as presented by the cook.

Quote:
... You need to provide a KCBS member number and team name to be counted. Maybe it isn't "perfect" but it is a far better indicator of who is a comp cook as opposed to who is just a member.

And I only suggest that exclusivity on rules that directly affect the competition cooks.
What about cooks who judge or judges that cook? Some cooks will judge once or twice a year just as there are judges who can only afford to cook once or twice a year. Where would these folks fall?
Judge Number 6 competition BBQ team

Possibly the only judge ever to get an award from a bunch of cooks

UDS 075 UCB WSM and a bunch of other stuff.
Rookie'48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #108
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
So I just need to give a member number an any team name? So if I have a personal agenda and I want to stuff the ballot box, I get all of my non-cook friends to mention Pork Pullin Plowboys. There, you have a member number and a team name.

Actually, any member could say that they are a part of any team. Doesn't make them a cook.
I guess if you WANTED to there wouldn't be anything stopping you. However, that seems horribly immoral to me. I was under the impression that reason for the existence of the KCBS in the first place was "promoting and enjoying barbeque" not "enriching ones personal fortunes and screwing others that you may have an agenda against."

But, I could be wrong.

Last edited by tmcmaster; 02-07-2010 at 07:32 AM..
tmcmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #109
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

> What about cooks who judge or judges that cook? Some cooks will judge once or twice a year just as there are judges who can only afford to cook once or twice a year. Where would these folks fall?

Bunch of darned inbred ********! Shoot us. Shoot us all. Quick solution.
:-)
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #110
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie'48 View Post
Yes, it should - just like skin on / off, if presented with skin on then the judge should at least taste the skin. Judge it as presented by the cook.

What about cooks who judge or judges that cook? Some cooks will judge once or twice a year just as there are judges who can only afford to cook once or twice a year. Where would these folks fall?
Valid points. However, the answer is simple. Much like an actual electorial primary, you must delacre one or the other to vote on such specific matters. Nto the general day-to-day votes, but on things that directly impact cooks, to vote on them, you must be a declared cook. Sort of like how Democrats are not able to vote in Republican primary elections, and vise versa, but in a general election there isn't such a restriction.

Again, I am just throwing things out the see what sticks...
Old 02-07-2010, 09:28 AM   #111
C-Town Smoker
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Dog BBQ View Post
With the capabilities of ustream and some other programs which stream video/audio for FREE, it is sad that KCBS wont't use any of these technologies.
I am going to guess that they are concerned with just ANYONE being able to jump in to the meeting...I'm not sure but I don't think there is a way to only offer views to members only...or any way to check/verify that through Ustream or the other free services...that being said, I mentioned using Ustream about 2 months ago or so to let people look in on the meeting...I mean why not!??

I am working on an interview with Mike Lake...I'll ask him about that...as well as the other items that were on the minutes of this past meeting!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #112
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I guess if you WANTED to there wouldn't be anything stopping you. However, that seems horribly immoral to me. I was under the impression that reason for the existence of the KCBS in the first place was "promoting and enjoying barbeque" not "enriching ones personal fortunes and screwing others that you may have an agenda against."

But, I could be wrong.
The original reason it existed, and what is actually in practice are two different things.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #113
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

All members should have the right to vote. cooks, judges or backyard cooks are all equal in the KCBS. Now if want to propose a neww class of membership for "cooks" then I'm all in favor of it. Let's say if you register as a cook there's an additional $50 fee per year in order to pay for all the extra work done for contests to exist. Then there could be issues on ballots for cooks only and an online forum for cooks only to discuss issues and rules.

I like this. That way we wouldn't need all this crap on this site and the cooks would have a private Froum to discuss issues without having anybody and everybody stir the pot.

I'm ranting now and I'm just so tired of the BOD bashing right after an election where the people voted. this is worse that Al Gore losing Florida. I'll go to the penalty box now for 15 minutes.
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #114
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
All members should have the right to vote. cooks, judges or backyard cooks are all equal in the KCBS. Now if want to propose a neww class of membership for "cooks" then I'm all in favor of it. Let's say if you register as a cook there's an additional $50 fee per year in order to pay for all the extra work done for contests to exist. Then there could be issues on ballots for cooks only and an online forum for cooks only to discuss issues and rules.
I agree and disagree. I don't think that just anyone should be able to vote on something that directly impacts me or any other cooks in how we compete, what it costs to compete and the rules under which we compete. But, again, I see that all are equal in the KCBS. But, I also think that some are more equal than others.

Quote:
I like this. That way we wouldn't need all this crap on this site and the cooks would have a private Froum to discuss issues without having anybody and everybody stir the pot.
Agree again.

Quote:
I'm ranting now and I'm just so tired of the BOD bashing right after an election where the people voted. this is worse that Al Gore losing Florida. I'll go to the penalty box now for 15 minutes.
I'll see you there!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #115
Plowboy

Quote:

But, I could be wrong.
Don't underestimate the politics in this organization.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #116
Jorge

Quote:
Surely you jest?

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #117
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
I am trying really REALLY hard to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...