Cooking Class cancersuckschicago.com 2nd Annual Cooking class/fundraiser

LOL, I can't count how many times I've said this before. How true.

And Phil,

Malanatis isn't even the real deep dish crap, its only a pan pizza.

:razz:

SEE! Even HE doesnt know the difference. :becky:

I am assuming like last year in Philly, everyone will be sending text pictures to Jorge of anything you eat. Especially Italian Beefs!!! I know it really made him feel like he was there with us... Minus the drool on the phone... Of course if anyone needs his cell phone to send the pictues, just let me know. He will appreciate it... :thumb:

I don't know anyone that eat those things Bill. I give a couple of local names like Connie's or giordano's, but I would feel bad having people go to the city and not enjoy them at Gino's East or Pizzario Uno.

LOL, I can't count how many times I've said this before. How true.

And Phil,

Malanatis isn't even the real deep dish crap, its only a pan pizza.

:razz:

Not a fan of deep dish either, WAY too heavy! But Bill, isn't Malnatti's the one that puts the giant sausage frisbee in theirs? I want to say I saw a tv show on it a while back.

I turned in Malnati's when I went to Lake Placid. They thought it looked like crap.. Gave me 7's, which I can understand.. but then they gave me all 9's and a few 8's for taste, etc. But Malnati's does have the solid sausage patty...

Wow... just got a few more. There are only a few seats left and will have to cut it off. Never thought we could sell it out. Amazing.
mid you want in, email or PM me immediately so I can reserve a spot.

i have a 7:50 non stop flight out. Which means i get to watch the superbowl at the airport. gets me home around 10:30.

tried to change to a 330 flight..

flies to NY thru orlando. Gets me home at 930.. and houre sooner... but 6 hours travel, as opposed to 2.5... no thanks. Hope midway is comfortable. :)

We will be getting into town right around dinner time, or a bit earlier. Is there a Friday night meet up ?

I am down for some Italian Beef's, it has been way to long!!

I haven't set anything up for Friday. I'll probably be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.... :tsk:

but we have a few beef and hot dog places that are close. deep dish pizza if you want it. My pizza (thin crust) better than that cardboard that they sell in NY :becky:, is right across the street from the hotel. Rosati's and just ask for it well done. Makes the crust nice and crisp...

We're coming in Friday around noon and leaving Monday morning, so we're looking to maybe "get into some trouble" Friday and look for somewhere to go watch the game on Sunday. Gotta get some sleep Saturday night though.

And what are these "beefs" you speak of (sorry never been to Chicago or the midwest), they sound mighty tasty. Might have to grab some of those on Friday for lunch!!!

...Nevermind...I found it:
http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/italian_beef.html

Last edited:
I'm landing at 7:45 at ORD on Friday and would be up for something later that night and also staying for the Superbowl, flying out Monday. Let me know.

Italian Beefs are a Chicago Tradition. They are sliced beef, very thin, on a crusty bread, served with giardiniera, sweet peppers. I'd recommend a combo (with Italian Sausage), wet, with hot. thank me later... Oh and don't forget to send Jorge pictures! :becky: Also, if you order any hot dog in Chicago, DO NOT ORDER IT WITH KETCHUP!!!! You will be shot.... :boxing:

Closest to hotel (about 3/4 mile away) is Johnny's Beef. They also have good hot dogs as well.

http://www.johnnysbeef.com/

Scooby's Red Hots. For Chicago Style Hot Dogs and Italian Beefs, about 3 miles from hotel. Real good hand cut fries as well

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?h...ts&hnear=Chicago,+IL&cid=14520637283931940262

If you don't have any place to watch the game Poobah, you can come over to my house. I won't be watching the game.. Don't really like the teams... It's a Chicago thing... More than likely, I will be passed out by 6:00 after doing the class though... :doh:

They knocked over the WHite Castle's!!! A new Walgreens is going on that spot.... I have stock in Walgreens and I hate them. White Castle's are the bomb. OK, maybe that's how they make me feel... Like a bomb...

Also, if you order any hot dog in Chicago, DO NOT ORDER IT WITH KETCHUP!!!! You will be shot.... :boxing:

A hot dog with ketchup? :icon_sick That's just plain disgusting and you should be shot! Almost as bad as having a cheesesteak with Cheez Whiz :boxing:

I do like wiz wit. Although, I like roast pork, provalone and broccoliraab (sp?) the best...

Man, I might have to make a detour to Philly on my way to Delaware...

I do like wiz wit. Although, I like roast pork, provalone and broccoliraab (sp?) the best...

Man, I might have to make a detour to Philly on my way to Delaware...

Ah yes, that would be called a Porkette(as we call it) or Porchetta, they are AWESOME! In fact, I just ate one for lunch...without the broccoli raab though. Coming to Delaware? I can point you to the best Porkette in the state.

Ioannoni's

Well, I might have to give you some money to bring me 20 down to Middleton... ;) I'm not sure what I would eat on Saturday though...

Ah yes, that would be called a Porkette(as we call it) or Porchetta, they are AWESOME! In fact, I just ate one for lunch...without the broccoli raab though. Coming to Delaware? I can point you to the best Porkette in the state.

Ioannoni's

Only one seat left for the BBQ class. It will be gone today...

I am assuming like last year in Philly, everyone will be sending text pictures to Jorge of anything you eat. Especially Italian Beefs!!! I know it really made him feel like he was there with us... Minus the drool on the phone... Of course if anyone needs his cell phone to send the pictues, just let me know. He will appreciate it... :thumb:

Can't wait to see you:twisted:

Back