Pronless review Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Okay, still having camera problems...but couldn't help but post this review. Big Brother Smoke included a sample of his top-secret spicy apple rub with an order last month. I finally got around to using it other than eating it straight out of the bag (yeah, it's good that way, too).

I picked up half of a fresh turkey breast. Brined it in a simple brine of sea salt, water, a.j. and brown sugar. Rubbed it with Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple and smoked in the BGE with nothing but lump until it reached internal 165ish.

Let set for 1/2 hour and sliced and tasted. Then I got angry. I was cooking that for lunch today. I was mad because I could have eaten the entire then right then and there. It was the best turkey I have ever had - not only that I have ever made myself - but ever had. If you've seen me, you know, I've had a LOT of food to compare it to.

This has just the right amount of heat - it's there, but not over-powering. The sweetness of the apple balances it perfectly. One of the best rubs I have tried.

Steph, my friend, I don't know what you're thinking in terms of producing this - or when it will be available for purchase, but take my advice, please make a big batch...it will go quickly.

Is it lunch time, yet?

Is it on their site? I dont see it... I need to order some more rub from some of the brethren and i dont mind trying this. I ordered 3 claws from him the other day too :mad2:

Thanks, Dan! I am still farking around with the recipe. I have gotten some comments that it was too hot on the tongue. Everyone agrees the apple flavor is on the money though.

Stay tuned!

Is it on their site? I dont see it... I need to order some more rub from some of the brethren and i dont mind trying this. I ordered 3 claws from him the other day too :mad2:

Your claws are going in the mail today. And the Spicy Apple will be out sometime before summer.

Thanks Chamber...can't go wrong with StePh's StuPh!:cool:

Sorry for the small HiJack but StePh,your cherry rub set off a chain reaction over here...people on the Dutch forum are in their labs experimenting.:-D

Yep, right outta the bag sounds about right I'm thinkin'. My wife sneaks little palms full of the Sweet n Spicy when we're cooking with that. I can't wait to try the new rubs!

Thanks, Dan! I am still farking around with the recipe. I have gotten some comments that it was too hot on the tongue. Everyone agrees the apple flavor is on the money though.

Stay tuned!

Maybe 2 versions, mild or spicy version would be the way to go?
Sound great anyway, Will have to give it a try, when you get it ready to go.:becky:

Stay tuned!

No, no, no - the heat is good - that's why you called it, "SPICY Apple" right? If you tone it down, I want to left over original hot version :)

Stay tuned!

I too received a sample with my inaugural order. I did not find it to hot, and I'm not the best with :mad2:

Great on a yardbird and I had a Cook's treat when I cored a porkloin (for stuffing) I felt it needed the heat to balance the sweet

Back