How do you reload your WSM's ?

Not a WSM, but the couple of times I found my self running out of charcoal and needing to re-fuel, I just finished in the oven. We're talking about the last 1 - 2 hours of a 12 hour smoke. No harm there and just easier.

Honestly, I have never had to reload mine. I fill the charcoal rings as full as I can get it, take 8-10 briquettes out of the middle and light them in a chimney and then put them in the depression where they once were. Then I assemble it and cook.

Ditto

+1 on the glove comment. I have electrical gloves and the few times I have needed to put more coal (usually dont with the minion method but i didnt put enough coals) I put on my electrician gloves and lift off the entire middle/top section, fill then replace the section ;)

+1 on the glove comment. I have electrical gloves and the few times I have needed to put more coal (usually dont with the minion method but i didnt put enough coals) I put on my electrician gloves and lift off the entire middle/top section, fill then replace the section ;)

I can just see me doing that with my Canjun Bandit with a pan of water off my Performer platform at 5'5". :shocked:

I do this also. It prevents dust and ash floating up and onto my food. probably not the safest practice, but it works!

Back