Ham, Chickens, fatty's, ABT's, beans, Pron

B

BigGar

Kids all came home for the weekend and wanted Dad to work his azz off cooking for them all day

injected ham with apple juice, pineapple juice, worcestershire and soy sauce

1.jpg

then rubbed it down with my favorite rib rub

2.jpg

spatchcocked and brined a couple chickens overnight and rubbed 'em with tony C's

3.jpg

Mixed up some beans, made a couple fattys with my homemade sausage, made 20 ABT's with little smokies in em, smoked with a mixture of hickory and apple pellets. here's what it all looked like on the smoker

4.jpg

used every square inch I had, knew I shoulda bought a bigger one but this was what I could afford.
my 1st time making ABT's, they are gonna be on every time I fire it up from now on.

got so busy when I was taking it off forgot to get pron, but everything turned out great, ham was a little dry around the outside, but tasted amazing

A full smoker is a happy smoker!! Those are some great looking groceries. How bout a little info on the beans. They look killer!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

my beans were,
4 cans of pork and beans, drained the juice off 3 of them (and picked out the nasty little things they call pork)
1/2 lb pork sausage
1/2 lb bacon
1/2 an onion
2 TBSP mustard
favorite BBQ rub
favorite BBQ sauce

I fried up the sausage and chopped bacon, added minced onion and sauted a couple minutes, added to beans, put in the mustard, sprinkled some rub across the top, and dumped some sweet baby rays in til it tasted good, at least a cup , just whatever tastes good to you, then on the smoker for about 3 hrs, stirring occasionally

they were very good, everyone loved 'em

Back