Grilled Pork Chops with Maple Syrup-Brandy Glaze

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Grilled Pork Chops with Maple Syrup-Brandy Glaze

This is a throwdown entry. Please look at all the great entries here...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114390

I started out with a couple of thick-cut bone-in pork loin chops. I brined them for two hours in Dr. BBQ's simple brine, which I can't post here without infringing on his copyright. It really is simple, with k-salt and turbo sugar as the primary ingredients.

I rinsed them, and seasoned with fresh ground black pepper -- no salt needed after the brine.

They were grilled on both direct and indirect heat until the IT hit 145 degrees. I flipped and basted with the glaze about three rotations.

The glaze was inspired by my desire to use maple syrup with a pork chop, with the assistance of multiple recipes I found on the internets. Basically, it was real maple syrup, brandy, dijon mustard, garlic, and a touch of apple cider vinegar. I simmered it, then strained it to make a glaze I could brush on during the cook.

I plated it, and added a little more of the glaze. Since there is no "short bus rule" on this TD, I plated on a bed of wild rice with garlic butter. But, it really added nothing. The pork chop was awesome by itself. I can't believe I never brined chops before. I will from now on.

The maple syrup worked even better than I expected. I don't know how much the Brandy contributed. There was only about a teaspoon of vinegar, but it balanced the sweetness of the syrup perfectly.

I love this one -- so it will probably get a zero. :laugh:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CD

Beats the cheese sandwich I had...looks great

Back