MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #16
aquablue22
Babbling Farker

Jeanie that looks fantastic……. I want some.
2 - 18.5 Weber Kettle
1 - WSM Mini

I live in fear that my Wife will sell all my "TOYS" when I die for WHAT I told her I paid for them!!
aquablue22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #17
LI Pig Congress
Knows what a fatty is.

Nice! I am going to try that fry bread
LI Pig Congress is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #18
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

lol Thank you Chris!

Thank you Bob and Adam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyclaw View Post
Chit Norm, I have a tough time just rasin' the pigs. Little Farkers.

Looks awesome, Jeanie. Love the look of that meat when ya pulled it.
Aren't they fun Gary! lol Little rascals can break out of almost any pen. Thanks Gary..

Toast that's sooo true! I look at them as bacon and chops. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue22 View Post
Jeanie that looks fantastic……. I want some.
Thank you aqua, I'd share if you lived closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pig Congress View Post
Nice! I am going to try that fry bread
I hope the bread turns out well for you LI Pig Congress... Thank you!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #19
ssv3

Name/Nickname : Sako

Ohhhh Baby!!!!!!! Guuuuud!!!!!!!!!!

Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #20
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssv3 View Post
Ohhhh Baby!!!!!!! Guuuuud!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Old 02-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #21
gtr

That looks seriously good and very interesting to try. I've been wanting to branch out and goat is on my list of new things to try to cook. This looks like a great way to start checking that out! I've had goat and enjoyed it, but it's been a long time. Thanks for posting Jeanie - it's always interesting to see what you cook and it's always so dang good!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #22
mikemci
Babbling Farker

I want to try the fry bread. Thanks for posting the recipe Jeanie!
One question...the dough ball was divided in half and makes just the two shown? Your whole cook looks great! Love me some goat.
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.
mikemci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #23
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
That looks seriously good and very interesting to try. I've been wanting to branch out and goat is on my list of new things to try to cook. This looks like a great way to start checking that out! I've had goat and enjoyed it, but it's been a long time. Thanks for posting Jeanie - it's always interesting to see what you cook and it's always so dang good!
Greg thank you! Hope you give it a try sometime. I think you'll like it. You're an awesome Qer, I'm sure how ever you fix it, it will be tasty! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemci View Post
I want to try the fry bread. Thanks for posting the recipe Jeanie!
One question...the dough ball was divided in half and makes just the two shown? Your whole cook looks great! Love me some goat.
Thank you Mike! The recipe makes 4 rounds. I was still frying the other two when I snapped the pic. Ended up eating one slathered in butter. It was great!

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #24
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I have never had goat, but this makes me want to give it a try, to heck with the price.

I love fry bread, my first wife and her family, were Oglala Sioux, when ever they got together, they made tons of it every time, or at powwows, They introduced me to fry bread, and I introduced them to bbq. Since she died and I moved back to Mo I have not had any, which just suck.

I will try your recipe, the only thing I see different is they would form it into a patty, or rounds, after flattening it they would pinch a hole in the center not enough to make a doughnut, but so it would close up while cooking, guess it made it cook better, don't know. All this was done in an assembly line, each with their own task. It was always served up with lots of butter, honey, or preserves of some kind. Dang now I got to check out my pantry for supplies.
Dave

Old 02-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #25
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post
I have never had goat, but this makes me want to give it a try, to heck with the price.

I love fry bread, my first wife and her family, were Oglala Sioux, when ever they got together, they made tons of it every time, or at powwows, They introduced me to fry bread, and I introduced them to bbq. Since she died and I moved back to Mo I have not had any, which just suck.

I will try your recipe, the only thing I see different is they would form it into a patty, or rounds, after flattening it they would pinch a hole in the center not enough to make a doughnut, but so it would close up while cooking, guess it made it cook better, don't know. All this was done in an assembly line, each with their own task. It was always served up with lots of butter, honey, or preserves of some kind. Dang now I got to check out my pantry for supplies.
Dave
Dave, so sorry to hear of your Mrs. My condolences to you...
The fry bread sounds delicious. I'm sure it was!! I will try the pinched hole idea, thank you!!

Old 02-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #26
fantomlord
is One Chatty Farker

looks great Jeanie!

Old 02-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #27
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

WoW!!!! over the top Jen!!!! it all looks wonderful...... never had that kind of bread but I can tell that it is good...... for some reason it made me think about when my mamma had left over mashed potatoes she would fry them the next day..... It was good.....

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #28
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Dave, so sorry to hear of your Mrs. My condolences to you...
The fry bread sounds delicious. I'm sure it was!! I will try the pinched hole idea, thank you!!

Well thanks, but that happened a long time ago, we were both very young, at least compared to my age today. Yes give it a try, like I said don't know if it will make any difference, its just what they did.
Dave

Old 02-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #29
jestridge

What age do you recommend for the goat, also was it a male or female
jestridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #30
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomlord View Post
looks great Jeanie!
Matt thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
WoW!!!! over the top Jen!!!! it all looks wonderful...... never had that kind of bread but I can tell that it is good...... for some reason it made me think about when my mamma had left over mashed potatoes she would fry them the next day..... It was good.....
Thank you Paul! Your mom's tatoes sound great. I'll give it a try. Do you fry them in butter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post
Well thanks, but that happened a long time ago, we were both very young, at least compared to my age today. Yes give it a try, like I said don't know if it will make any difference, its just what they did.
Dave
Dave, I hope the fry bread brought back good memories for you then...
I am looking forward to trying them your way. Hope to get a chance today. Thank you again! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestridge View Post
What age do you recommend for the goat, also was it a male or female
Jestridge I prefer them the younger the better, 6 months or below but can not always get them that young. Also prefer females but bucks are ok if they've been fixed. The boer breed are my favorite.