Tuscan style grill over indoor fireplace

C

chillcoolcold

Did anyone ever try this I would love to but don't have a fireplace. Must be cool especially in colder climates. Just put the grill over the fire and grill indoors. Send some pics if you have them.

I think you will need to check if they are code first. I have heard that it is not code for a lot of municipalities, but that is just what I heard so it could be wrong.

The problem is the grease laden smoke that goes up the chimney and collects on the walls of the flue creating a fire hazard. I think the fire place and chimney would have to be designed with cooking in mind, and most municipalities would require an engineer to sign off on the design. They might even require a fire suppression (ansul) system.

The problem is the grease laden smoke that goes up the chimney and collects on the walls of the flue creating a fire hazard. I think the fire place and chimney would have to be designed with cooking in mind, and most municipalities would require an engineer to sign off on the design. They might even require a fire suppression (ansul) system.

Wow! I never thought of that you are absolutely right. Oh well Santa will have to stick with milk and cookies. No rib eyes this year

Sure: I've grilled steaks over embers in my fireplace a few times. This probably shouldn't be done ALOT but a few times in a residential fireplace bears little risk so as long as you're not trying to compete in voume with a commercial broiler (e.g., Burger King) vent system.

You could go with a clockwork rotisserie

telegram111004_c.jpg

tbptibo1.jpg

Sits right in front of the fireplace just set a drip pan under it.

Back