KCBS Contest in Cleveland, OH?

Tim H

Reaction score
Any updates on a potential KCBS contest in Cleveland, OH? Rob (Them Ohio City Boys) had told me in July that he was trying to get something going in conjunction with the Ohio City Blues Festival?

I know Rob has accepted new work that requires him to be out of town most of the time, but I hope he's still got something in the works for a KCBS in Cleveland. It makes too much sense.

I was in contact with one of the guys that was working with Rob trying to get a comp in the Cleveland area organized and it looks like it's not going to happen. I don't think this comp was the same as the Ohio City Blues Festival that he mentioned, but I haven't talked to him recently to know for sure. Here is what my contact had to say:

I talked at length with our local councilman a while back. We really couldn't come up with a venue large enough, that could afford to be "trashed" if it rains, and that wouldn't disrupt the neighbors. It's just too dense here to make it work.

I'd love to do it, but in my position it's too risky, and without the political support, just not doable.

So it's a no go. But hopefully Rob might be able to work some magic and find somewhere nearby, when he gets a chance to that is.

Cleveland would be awesome. I lived there as a kid, miss the snow. As an adult im sure the snow would piss me off not being able to smoke 18 times a week. Sorry off topic, just saw Cleveland.
kris

Back