CL - good deal or not?

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Small BGE, ceramic in good shape, with nest for $275. Good deal, or not?
What say the Brethren?
Thanks

I would say that is just an OK price. The small is a little limited. Hold out for a med or lg. Just looked at you sig and see you already have 2 lg.

Paul

The small BGE is an awesome unit for what it is, a small smoker and grill.
Whether or not it is a good deal or not depends on the age and condition, but 275 is a good price. Just guessing, I would say if its less than 8-10 years old, go for it. The older units are made of clay, and are good smokers but Im not sure if worth that price.

I really like my small. It is great for a couple of steaks or some brats. I paid $200 for mine with a table, so $275 with a nest is OK, but not great.

Thanks, guys. I have two large ones, but for a couple of steaks, or small cooks, I think a small would be handy. The seller says that BGE doesn't make a plate setter for the small. Do you guys know if that's true? It'd be hard to smoke on it without a plate setter, or similar.

BGE does make a small plate setter, use mine all the time. They do NOT make a pizza stone for it. Maybe he got his wires crossed.
If it is ceramic rather than clay, it is a steak searing machine. You can get it to 700-800 degrees(or higher) then shut it down....burning very little lump.

Okay, the guy said he'd take $225. I pick it up tomorrow. So...now, who has a small plate setter they wanna sell? ;)

Good for you. Just visit your closest dealer and pick up a plate setter. The BGE website has a dealer listing by zip code.

Back