MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 01-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #106
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Mama mia that's tasty meatball!

I couldn't decide whether to go traditional, or do something crazy. I thought up some creative, crazy ideas, but I couldn't think of anything crazy that I'd actually want to eat for supper.

So, I went traditional.

I started by making a sauce on Saturday, so it could sit overnight, allowing the flavors to meld together.

Sauce

Large can diced tomatoes
Small can tomato sauce
Dice onions
Minced garlic
Mushrooms
Dried oregano
Dried basil
Olive oil

Today, I mixed up my meatballs, and let them firm up in the fridge for a few hours, before putting them on the red-head, indirect heat at 350 degrees.

Meatballs

1 pound ground chuck
1 pound ground pork
Chopped onion
Bread crumbs
2 eggs
Dried oregano
Dried basil
Grated pecorino roman cheese

Then, it's on to the grill…

Then, a little rest…

I cooked up some Spaghetti, sauced it, added the meatballs and some more sauce, and dinner is served.

The money shot, with fork crutch…

YUM!

CD

Last edited by caseydog; 01-08-2012 at 08:52 PM..
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #107
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Nice job CD.

Those are some saucy balls you have there!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #108
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Very nice meatballs CD.

Looks like you put some shrooms in the sauce too. If so, please tell me you aren't driving anywhere tonight...
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #109
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
Very nice meatballs CD.

Looks like you put some shrooms in the sauce too. If so, please tell me you aren't driving anywhere tonight...
Oooops, there are mushrooms in there. I fixed it.

CD
Old 01-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #110
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Default Nacho Balls!

I thought I would try something a bit different for the meatball TD. I ran my idea accross Guerry Friday and he thought it was pretty cool. So here we go. I made up some taco seasoning.

Mixed a couple tablespoons with some ground chuck, an egg and some bread crumbs.

Mixed that up and set aside while I prepared the cheese filling. I used Mexican Velveeta with our own pickled jalapeno slices in the middle.

Then I coated the cheese balls in chopped black olives.

I then wrapped the black olive encrusted, jalapeno stuffed cheese balls in the meatball mixture.

On the grill.

While they were grilling I made up some guacamole.

There're done!

But wait, there's more!!!! Now comes the wicked part, I'm gonna coat these suckers in crushed corn chips and deep fry them!

I served these babies up with salsa, sour cream with green onions and guacamole.

Mmmm, look at that cheese oozing!

One of these will be the TD shot but I'm not sure which one yet.

These were about the size of tennis balls and very rich, cheesy, meaty and crunchy. Deguerre ate 4 , hope he doesn't have a tummy ache in the morning! Thanks for looking!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #111
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Red, you have some fantastic balls
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #112
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Wow Michele...

Very creative and they sure sound mighty tasty.
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #113
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Definitely wins my vote for most creative balls.
They look killer!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #114
bigabyte

My mouth just had an orgasm.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #115
caseydog

Hey, redhot is back. And, of course deguerre is on board, because he is probably lit. That, and the SWOOSH thing.

I'm with you on everything but the black olives. I just don't like them. Sorry. Looks great, otherwise.

CD
Old 01-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #116
Boshizzle

There are some great entries here, brethern! Here is my attempt.

I made up some meatballs today! I mixed 1 pound of ground beef with 1 pound of hot Italian sausage along with some herbs and spices.

I added some parmesan cheese and some bread crumbs,

I rolled the meat into balls and put it in the fridge for about 6 hours to hang out. I made two big ones for the meatball throw down and stuffed one of them with a surprise.

I fired up the keg to about 350F indirect, added some wine to the pan and in went the meatballs.

Here is an in progress cook pic.

And, here are some pics of dinner! My wife was very impressed with the flavor. I have to say that it was pretty good too.

This is the TD pic.

Thanks for looking!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #117
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Michele, fantastically creative entry! I like how you combined the roasted cheese corn pieces (Or whatever the general calls them) into the meatballs. If for any reason that doesn't make sense, don't worry...you haven't missed much around here.

Glad to see you back posting here again!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #118
caseydog

Boshizzle, is that mozzarella in the stuffed balls?

I thought about putting fresh mozzarella in my balls, but backed down. I'm having second thoughts now.

CD
Old 01-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #119
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

You had me at jalapeno

I'm speechless.
[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #120
Boshizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Boshizzle, is that mozzarella in the stuffed balls?

I thought about putting fresh mozzarella in my balls, but backed down. I'm having second thoughts now.

CD
It's actually one of those little Laughing Cow cheese "balls." I made a grilled cheese sammy a while back using some cheddar and a chopped up LC cheese ball and it was really ooey and gooey. So, I decided to stuff a meatball with it and it turned out pretty good.

Tags
chocolate salty balls, go balls out, Hot Cheese Balls, I thaid thuck my balls, Jumped the Shark's Balls, nothing like schweaty balls, quit bustin' my balls, SACKBOY, She's got big balls, Uniball, Zombies like Brain Balls