FYI: Oakridge BBQ Charity Rub Auction

So if the bids are all confidential, and you may only bid once, what happens if you have 10 people with the same bid on the same item?

Just my opinion, but I think auctions work out better if you have the bidding within the thread. To me, it get's more people involved, and people bid multiple times to get the selling price higher. And since this is for a good cause, I would think that's a good thing.

Just my opinion, but I think auctions work out better if you have the bidding within the thread. To me, it get's more people involved, and people bid multiple times to get the selling price higher. And since this is for a good cause, I would think that's a good thing.

True, if this were an auction site, but it's not. I talked with the MODS about this before I posted and this was the format we all agreed to. It's a silent auction, so place your highest bid(s) and maybe you'll win! :thumb:

True, if this were an auction site, but it's not. I talked with the MODS about this before I posted and this was the format we all agreed to. It's a silent auction, so place your highest bid(s) and maybe you'll win! :thumb:

Mike!! PM sent!!

Alright folks, it's time to chit or get off the pot! Get off 'yer wallets and put some bids in! Bidding closes Tonight at Midnight.

We still have several package numbers which have received zero bids...

#'s 2, 4, 5, 9, & 10 remain open and the others could be out-bid by your next bid!

And to sweeten the deal even further, I will MATCH each winning bid! That means that your donation (if you win the bid) gets DOUBLED!!!

C'mon, make me a poor man!

Hurray! I won! I won!! :-D

Great idea Mike. Glad to have helped support the cause...your matching donations is AWESOME!!

Back