Owensboro, KY - Thank You

S

sprinter

Just a shout out to Mary Jo and Terry Stinnett, their organizing crew, and the crew from Diamond Lake Resort for an outstanding Owensboro, KY contest last weekend. They always do a great job of making the cooks feel welcome and comfortable while they are there. The breakfast on Saturday AM is greatly appreciated and the teams put on one of the best Friday night pot luck dinners I've ever been a part of. Also, Phillip and Kathy Brazier do a great job of repping the contest and judging and awards goes off smoothly every year and this year was no exception. Always great to see them as well. If you've not cooked the contest its definitely worth a look.

Troy
Smokin' T's BBQ

Thanks for the kind words, Troy. You're right their crew do an amazing job each year. Hope your trip home was UNEVENTFUL!

Yep this was my 1st comp and did it by myself. Phillip, Terry and everyone else was great. I was amazed on how nice everyone was from the reps, coordinators, teams just an over all good bunch of people. I would like to say thanks to Blind Dog BBQ Gang, Bean Bandits and The Flying Burrito's they were some upmost nice people and good neighbors. Terry and Phillip put me down for next year "Bluegrass Southern Smokers"... Thanks Jason

Jason,

Congrats to you as well on your overall standings for your first cook. Awesome finish and you were going solo and having that weather to deal with. Awesome job. It was great to get to know you and we look forward to seeing you at an upcoming cook.

Troy
Smokin' T's

Jason,

Congrats to you as well on your overall standings for your first cook. Awesome finish and you were going solo and having that weather to deal with. Awesome job. It was great to get to know you and we look forward to seeing you at an upcoming cook.

Troy
Smokin' T's
Thanks Troy and thanks for the advice you shot over my way about the chicken and brisket. You guy's were some good down to earth people that I look forward in talking with again real soon. Good luck at the next comp.

I'd have to agree with all the above. I've cooked and or judged this contest for 6 yrs now. Every year has been a great experience. Thanks gang. See u next year.

Back