BBQ Brethren "Po-Boy" Throwdown

Dang Jim, you're definitely not feeding the kids with that!

Gore, I should have posted a pron of the girls, I did a butt on Friday and then this one yesterday. They were lying by the table ready to pounce on anything. Then a walk, and race back into the Kitchen to see if there was something for them. NOT!:laugh:

All you need is some traps and dog food, go drop some traps in the lake.

I know, I know. I use old hotdogs though. I grew up catching those things in Minnesota out of crystal clear lakes. But name one good Bay area lake for mudbugs! Chinatown has the wrong type - I want real Southern Mudbugs. A Po Boy to me is at it's best when it has em.

We used to get crayfish from San Pablo Dam Reservoir and Chabot Reservoir. Lot's of the Chinatown ones are from the Sacramento River Delta, not as clean tasting. Although I imagine a lot like Mississippi River crayfish.

OK boys and girls... Here is my Po' Boy Throwdown Entry...

Ronelle's Grilled Catfish and Shrimp Po' Boy on Garlic Toast with Chipotle Cream Sauce

PB110169.JPG

Full details of the cook are here...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89749

All of the entries so far look really good! Here is my entry.

I marinated some shrimp in olive oil, garlic, lime juice, and jalapenos. Then, grilled it up on the keg to make my entry in the Po-boy throwdown.

picture.php

Grilled Shrimp Po-boy with mayo and zesty Domilise's New Orleans style ketchup (a famous Po-Boy topping). (entry pic) Unbelievably good!

picture.php

Last edited:
Bad arse looking entries so far! I'm behind on all my brethren news since I'm at training all week long away from the office. Looking forward to seeing more entries!

Back