Just pulled the trigger

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
on an 18.5" WSM. $298 with free shipping. I shouldn't have talked about them with Harbormaster this weekend :-D

Thanks, Neil - I'm looking forward to having a smoker that's easy to move. I love my BGEs, but they aren't easily mobile...

on an 18.5" WSM. I shouldn't have talked about them with Harbormaster this weekend :-D
Good for you Dan! You will love it. After you see one cook, it's not that hard of a decision to make, is it?

Besides, I barely talked to you about them at all!

It was great meeting you Chambers, I'm glad you made it over.

Nice meeting you, too, Clark. Yeah, seeing it work helped a lot.

Can ya tell me about your handle mods?

I pick those up at Menards for $4.00 for a blister pack of two. The holes in the handles don't quite line up with the bracket mounting holes in the WSM center section, so I bend them in a vice a little. This has two positive effects. First, the holes line up so you can use the stock Weber hardware to mount the handles (I replace the bolts with stainless and the nuts with stainless jam nuts though) and B, when modified for the holes to fit, the handles have a lower profile and the cover slides over them easier.

Congrats Dan! I'm excited for you. I've been wanting one for a while hopefully soon I'll have one on the way as well. Can't wait to see pics of it!

I'm sure you will get many years of use out of it Dan. I really enjoyed meeting you over the weekend. Don't forget to post some pron once you get that baby up and running. :-D

You know Dan..... that's how I ended up with one..... talking with Harbormaster..... Clark seems to have that kind of influance :rolleyes:
You'll love it.... I sure enjoy mine..... :-D

Enjoy your new wsm Dan.

Your going to love it. I have weber kettle and I have the Cajun Bandit ordered and being shipped in the mail.

:)

Congratulations Chambers. You are on the way to BBQ Bliss.

Can either you or Clark post a pic or two of the handle mod?

This isn't very close, but let's see if you can make out the mod.

100_7793.jpg

Sho' 'nuf!
That there in the middle is my custom WSM dome holder. The hook pivots so I can hang a dome on it and swing it out of the way of the WSM I'm loading up.
The table is about 14" or 16" high and I don't have to bend over to load it or add fuel.
The WSM on the left is the World's Oldest WSM (TM). It's the "B" version.

Back