MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #196
ShortEnd
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Jeanie

I'm a lurker on this and many BBQ sites. I love cooking BBQ and have learned a ton about it from all of you. I'm just not comfortable enough to do a lot of posting. But, I have followed Jeanie's postings on many sites for several years. She is the "real deal" for anyone having any doubts. I am one of the few people on these websites that actually know's what she looks like, and I'm not telling how I know. Jeanie, your secret is safe with me! She is one of the few people we have left in this world that truely emboddies the pioneer spirit that this country was founded on. If you'll notice she is about as self sufficient as it can get in this so called modern world. She claims that she's no different than many other women in her "community" as you PC'ers would call it. But, I beg to differ. She's just a step ahead of even them. If it ever comes down to a matter of survival, she will be one of them.
ShortEnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #197
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Wow, shorthend, thanks for the info! When I first saw Jeanie's blog my jaw dropped.
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #198
Vince B
is one Smokin' Farker

Cowgirl first off I want to say awesome cook. I am fairly new here and everything you have cooked looks simply amazing. I've read a couplefew of your threads.

I was reading the deer camp thread the other day and never looked at the user name of who started the thread. When I think of deer camp I picture a bunch of dudes drinking beer telling stories having fun. Basically you have to come back with a deer so your wife understands that you actually went hunting.

As I was looking at your pictures I was like no way a man could cook a spread like this at deer camp!!! I was showing my wife and she like no way. Then we realize the OP's user name and it was you. Cowgirl keep up the great work and it has been a pleasure reading 14 plus pages of post whorin!!!! Thank you for sharing. Vince B

Old 12-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #199
cvan
On the road to being a farker

Great Job Cowgirl. Beautiful pork and all those fixins....A ton better looking than my last one. I didn't wrap with foil first. The burlap stuck to the skin it was a waste of good crunchy pork skin. Kinda cold huh?
cvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #200
smknhotmama
is One Chatty Farker

I am 4 days late on this one...................and all I can say is Oh My Gosh!!!!!
You are amazing girl!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #201
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasePig View Post
A good Hot Toddy can cure a lot of ills...
I think I used all my Crown Royal spritzing spam. I'll get more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortEnd View Post
I'm a lurker on this and many BBQ sites. I love cooking BBQ and have learned a ton about it from all of you. I'm just not comfortable enough to do a lot of posting. But, I have followed Jeanie's postings on many sites for several years. She is the "real deal" for anyone having any doubts. I am one of the few people on these websites that actually know's what she looks like, and I'm not telling how I know. Jeanie, your secret is safe with me! She is one of the few people we have left in this world that truely emboddies the pioneer spirit that this country was founded on. If you'll notice she is about as self sufficient as it can get in this so called modern world. She claims that she's no different than many other women in her "community" as you PC'ers would call it. But, I beg to differ. She's just a step ahead of even them. If it ever comes down to a matter of survival, she will be one of them.
Shortend.... I'm going to give you the biggest hug I can. and I promise not to breathe on you. Thank you so much for that, You're a good friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince B View Post
Cowgirl first off I want to say awesome cook. I am fairly new here and everything you have cooked looks simply amazing. I've read a couplefew of your threads.

I was reading the deer camp thread the other day and never looked at the user name of who started the thread. When I think of deer camp I picture a bunch of dudes drinking beer telling stories having fun. Basically you have to come back with a deer so your wife understands that you actually went hunting.

As I was looking at your pictures I was like no way a man could cook a spread like this at deer camp!!! I was showing my wife and she like no way. Then we realize the OP's user name and it was you. Cowgirl keep up the great work and it has been a pleasure reading 14 plus pages of post whorin!!!! Thank you for sharing. Vince B
Thank you Vince!
It's funny... deer camp is at my house cause there are deer all around and it's easy for friends to hunt then meet back at my place. I have a large dining room table that seats 10 to 12.... we sit at that table and solve all of the world's problems over good food and good drinks.
This year I told my friend from Texas to bring warm clothes... She said she's just going to bring her jammies and a beer koozie cause she doesn't hunt. She had planned on sitting at the table all week in her jammies drinking cold beer and eating. She just about did it too!
While the men are out hunting we women sit at the table and watch for deer out the front window.
The late nights of eating, drinking, story telling and laughing is what it's all about.

Michael, I'm glad you like my blog...thank you.

Cvan..thanks! I know what you mean, sometimes that burlap can be a pain. That's what all of the oldtimers around here use. They won't use foil at all, but I like the way it holds in the moisture.

Thank you Mama! It was a lot of fun.

I'm set up to do pig cooks, some of my friends are more set up to do fish/calf frys and crawdad boils. We just take turns.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #202
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
I don't have to be skeptical. I have the unique ability to read people's minds and know precisely if what they are posting on the Internet is truth or fiction. In fact, I invented the Internet. I only shared it with others so I could keep track on everyone. Not only did I invent the Internet, I own and run the Internet. I'm just a little bit better than everyone else at everything. Except cooking and photography. But other than that, I am the best at everything. In fact, tomorrow is MY day - I bought it from the government. It's celebrated in sixteen countries. Children run in the streets and sing songs to me.

I'm glad Jeanie and Richard reconciled. I'm going to take my meds now.
LMAO Chambers... "Pills are good, pills are good!" I wish I had my own holiday... *sniff*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
When I first saw Jeanie's blog my jaw dropped.
I stumbled upon CG's blog looking for drum smokers on the googler... for days and weeks afterward I was all consumed by the wonders and miracles I had been witness to... My eyes started to get that watery feeling you get when you get smoke in them, what's that called??
I could tell it was time to shut the fark up about it when my wife started to get a little "funny" whenever I mentioned "that blog" I had found on the interweb.
It probably didn't help at all when I told her that it looked like I'd have to be making a "business trip" to OK for a few days...

And just when I think I'm getting over my obsession (is there a stronger word I can insert here?) Jeanie goes and posts some more magical pron.

To Nolesfan - If Jeanine posted pics of a wild Unicorn riding on the back of "Nessie" that she had roped out on the prarie while looking for leprichauns and snipes I would believe it! Glad you saw the wisdom of an appology, a welcome is always better with an open hand than with a clenched fist. Hope to see some of your pron laiden threads some time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smknhotmama View Post
I am 4 days late on this one...................and all I can say is Oh My Gosh!!!!!
You are amazing girl!
I didn't think I would be able to finish reading this thread, it seemed like the posts were comming faster than I could read em'!

Jeanie - Thanks as always for inspiring this ding-dong to create better food.
[B]1967' Int'l Harvester M1100 Food Truck, 220ci 6cyl - 5' ABS Judge - Plethora of Weber Kettles - 2 WSM 22.5's – Bunch of Thermapen Mk's - 36” BlackStone - 3 Bayou Classic Fryers - Ice Cold Kegerator[/B]

[B][I]“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz[/I][/B]
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #203
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
I think I used all my Crown Royal spritzing spam. I'll get more.

Thank you Vince!
It's funny... deer camp is at my house cause there are deer all around and it's easy for friends to hunt then meet back at my place. I have a large dining room table that seats 10 to 12.... we sit at that table and solve all of the world's problems over good food and good drinks.
This year I told my friend from Texas to bring warm clothes... She said she's just going to bring her jammies and a beer koozie cause she doesn't hunt. She had planned on sitting at the table all week in her jammies drinking cold beer and eating. She just about did it too!
While the men are out hunting we women sit at the table and watch for deer out the front window.
The late nights of eating, drinking, story telling and laughing is what it's all about.

You hit that mail on the head! This is our deer camp! All but my Uncle are hunters. On Saturday night after dark we have an original turkey dinner with my Uncle. Your right its not just about the hunting. Then to the back porch with beer or three and us to solving the worlds problem. This past year we were cracking up so much got about a 10 min non stop belly laugh going. Man that hurt.

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #204
Divemaster

Jeanie, I'm sorry that I've missed this one for the last couple of days...

Before I give you the only compliment I can (same complement I give Rick), check your PM's....

"Jeanie, you suck"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandQ View Post
Cowgirl - don't be offended, people question God because it seems too good to be true...

Jeanie, by now I think you may have realized that we do put you up on a pedestal. I hope that you also see that we are more than willing to surround it and protect it as well. I’ve said it before and I’m proud to say it again… You’re one of our own… Like it or not…

(P.S. I guess I can stop looking in my mail box for the pig roast invite… Bummer….)
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #205
Greendriver
is One Chatty Farker

that plate say's you really PIGGED OUT no pun intended. that guy that's got all them mexican recipe books and restaurants and sauces on the store shelves has got a good recipe for them underground pigs. I love his books.

Blog - Carpet Capitol Living
Greendriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #206
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
LMAO Chambers... "Pills are good, pills are good!" I wish I had my own holiday... *sniff*

I stumbled upon CG's blog looking for drum smokers on the googler... for days and weeks afterward I was all consumed by the wonders and miracles I had been witness to... My eyes started to get that watery feeling you get when you get smoke in them, what's that called??
I could tell it was time to shut the fark up about it when my wife started to get a little "funny" whenever I mentioned "that blog" I had found on the interweb.
It probably didn't help at all when I told her that it looked like I'd have to be making a "business trip" to OK for a few days...

And just when I think I'm getting over my obsession (is there a stronger word I can insert here?) Jeanie goes and posts some more magical pron.

To Nolesfan - If Jeanine posted pics of a wild Unicorn riding on the back of "Nessie" that she had roped out on the prarie while looking for leprichauns and snipes I would believe it! Glad you saw the wisdom of an appology, a welcome is always better with an open hand than with a clenched fist. Hope to see some of your pron laiden threads some time!

I didn't think I would be able to finish reading this thread, it seemed like the posts were comming faster than I could read em'!

Jeanie - Thanks as always for inspiring this ding-dong to create better food.
Ryan, Thank you! I remember meeting you through my blog. It's been a pleasure visiting with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmont View Post
You hit that mail on the head! This is our deer camp! All but my Uncle are hunters. On Saturday night after dark we have an original turkey dinner with my Uncle. Your right its not just about the hunting. Then to the back porch with beer or three and us to solving the worlds problem. This past year we were cracking up so much got about a 10 min non stop belly laugh going. Man that hurt.

Ash... You know what I'm talkin' about! I bet you have a great time at deer camp too. Thank you!! and Thank you for the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
Jeanie, I'm sorry that I've missed this one for the last couple of days...

Before I give you the only compliment I can (same complement I give Rick), check your PM's....

"Jeanie, you suck"

Jeanie, by now I think you may have realized that we do put you up on a pedestal. I hope that you also see that we are more than willing to surround it and protect it as well. I’ve said it before and I’m proud to say it again… You’re one of our own… Like it or not…

(P.S. I guess I can stop looking in my mail box for the pig roast invite… Bummer….)
Back atcha Jeff! I do not want to be on a pedestal, but am glad you all are here for me. Now if I could quit trying to spell Brethren and Sistren as Brethren and Cistern. (it's a country thing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendriver View Post
that plate say's you really PIGGED OUT no pun intended. that guy that's got all them mexican recipe books and restaurants and sauces on the store shelves has got a good recipe for them underground pigs. I love his books.
Greendriver, I tried to get a bit of everything on that plate for a photo... but I missed the garlic bread. and the pies.... and olives... and no I didn't eat it all. I'm not sure of who you mean. Would it be Rick Bayless?
I've not checked out his books but will.
Thank you!

Old 12-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #207
Greendriver
is One Chatty Farker

yep it's Mr Bayless - get the first one "Authentic Mexican..." I think it was really heartfelt the way it was done and came after a lot of visiting different regions there and cooking with individuals and restaurant owners and then adapting what he learned to his own style while keeping the recipes authentic. It's good reading too.

Blog - Carpet Capitol Living
Greendriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #208
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendriver View Post
yep it's Mr Bayless - get the first one "Authentic Mexican..." I think it was really heartfelt the way it was done and came after a lot of visiting different regions there and cooking with individuals and restaurant owners and then adapting what he learned to his own style while keeping the recipes authentic. It's good reading too.
Thank you for the info Greendriver, I will look for his book!

Old 12-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #209
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Quote:

Ash... You know what I'm talkin' about! I bet you have a great time at deer camp too. Thank you!! and Thank you for the pictures.

Your invited to our deer camp anytime! The man with the bibs has the backhoe. (hmmm time to do the pig thang) The lady shot a doe with my sons 270. (He already filled his tag). The after she field dressed it and cleaned up made the apple pie and the best rolls I have have in a long time. We enjoy the friends and family that come to deer camp as I am sure you do as well. Keep on postin Jeannie!

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #210
makizoo
Found some matches.

Quote:
lol I'd rather have my own fishing show.

Thanks tjus!! (((HUG)))
and you fish too?

OMG, I LOVE YOU!
makizoo is offline   Reply With Quote