Cherokee pignic thank you

Hot Sauce Hoss

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello all,
Mods if this is in the wrong spot feel free to move. This past weekend my wife and i competed in the cherokee pignic in canton,ga a GREAT event, and i would like to take the time to share our story and praise what a GREAT bunch of people/family that make up the teams at these events. I arrived early friday a.m. by myself as my wife had to work half a day to i get to the event solo and upon being shown my spot, danny from pit bulls up in smoke comes over and directs me in. Then he helps me unload my smokers and says if i need him for anything he just a few spaces over. Later friday at dusk, we realise we dont have any lights inside the toyhauler, and another team comes over with a tester and we discover the convert has go out that converts 110 power to 12 volt for the inside lights. Atleast all the wall sockets still work so we manage to keep moving forward. Thanks pig lowboski for the help. Saturday a.m. scenic city smokers comes over just to check on us and ask if we need anything and they are a great couple to get to know. Thanks again wade. Then J.C. from J.C.s pit crew notices we forgot our tongs for the chicken and brings us his rib hook to use and hes still cooking himself, really great folks by the way.Now the story takes a bad turn, After a great friday and first half of saturday turn in is over and we start to slow break camp and load a few items. With me loaking a smoker going up a ramp, and my wife behind pushing for just that little extra effort the back wheels bounce up at the lip of the ramp and it flipped over backwards just catching my wife on the cheek right beside her left eye and she is bleeding BADLY. We run to the judges tent right accross from us and they take us to paramedics instantly and the next thing we know we are right accross the street at a hospital in emergency. She gets five stitches and is fine ,thank the good Lord and we finally make it back accross the street.Awards are over and people are saying congrats on you call, and we have know idea what they mean cause we were'nt there. But the team beside us J.C.s pit crew stayed behind to load all our stuff and keep and eye on our cellphones,billfold, my wifes purse, car keys, well you get the picture. I am so humble as i type this and thankfull to all, and the good Lord for it not being worse than it was. I hope to see everyone in cumming,ga in november so we can hug you neck again. THANK YOU ALL.

Hot Sauce Hoss :icon_blush:

We were over in the backyard burners section and saw an ambulance come down the hill, into the park. Said a little prayer for ya. Hopefully we can meet you guys in Cumming.

Hogzgonewild

Thank you hogzgonewild. I saw a helicopter land on the roof off the hospital friday night and thought to myself someone is in a bad way for that thing to have to be dispatched.

Hoss

Sorry to hear about your wife Hoss! I’m glad she’s okay! It’s good to see some of the fine folks you get to meet at BBQ comps…Great people for sure.

We were on the other side of you between you guys and The Pig Lebowski. We heard about the accident but didn't see it ourselves as we were loading our own trailer at the time.

Thanks for letting everybody know how the ER trip worked out - glad it wasn't serious. Hope to see you out there again soon!

-GF

Gowan Fenley
Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse

Hey Randy..Jeremy stuck around and told me what happened. I couldn't believe it! We are all very relieved that your wife wasn't more seriously hurt. Those big smokers were definitely not made to be shuffled around that much!

I guess the lesson here is (before you guy your fancy new rig) - don't hesitate to ask one of the other teams to help you load that SS2 into your trailer! We'll see you in Cumming next month.

Ron Colbert
The Pig Lebowski

Back