THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tgstrang

Full Fledged Farker
We've got a butcher just down the road from me that gets awesome untrimmed tri-tips. Getting ready to throw one on the kettle. I just trim most of the fat cap off but leave a little on. I threw this one in a quick marinade of worcestershire, olive oil, minced garlic, and squeeze of lemon. Whisk it up and then throw it all in the food saver for about an hour (would have gone longer but running short on time). Time to get in on the Kettle and crack a beer for the Blues Game....

Last edited:
Here's my other 22in Kettle that use for tailgates and camping. I chopped the legs on it and added a handle on the back (easy for transporting and dumping out old coals and ash) and River Country Thermometer. I was going to buy a Jumbo joe for tailgates last fall but decided to just make my own tailgating grill, got the Weber on CL for $15...can't beat it. He was feeling kind of loney, been in the garage since football season.

Last edited:
Cooked Indirect until the thickest part was about 120 degrees internal. Seared each side, pulled off and rested with some Blue Cheese steak butter. Sliced it up against the grain with a baked tato and some green beans....it was some good eating. Lets Go Blues!

Last edited:
Back