MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
volfan411
On the road to being a farker

I use the secret weapon rub and my family loves it.

Thanks from:--->

Old 11-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #17
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks everyone. I am deeply humbled. It's one thing to cook and do well with your own spices, but quite another when folks from all over the country (and now the world) can take your spices and make awesome Q!

It seems my buddy Tom let the cat out of the bag about our new beef rub...
Yes, it will be called Black Ops Beef Rub. It's been specifically blended to excel on all cuts of beef, but brisket is its sweet-spot... It's much different than our Competition Beef & Pork rub, so it offers our customers yet another option.

I picked the name Black Ops for a couple reasons; one, because of the way we secretly tested it at pro bbq comps all across the country (it's already got numerous top ten calls to its name and it hasn't even been released yet)... and second, and most importantly, to honor the men and women in our armed forces who defend our liberties, often to the death, just so we can live free.

My inspiration for the name ultimately came when one of my high school buddies was killed on August 6, 2011, when the helicopter he and the other 24 members of SEAL Team Six were riding in was shot down over Afghanistan. So, to honor these fallen heroes, 10% of the profit from every ounce of Black Ops Beef Rub sold will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.

[URL="https://www.oakridgebbq.com"][B][U][SIZE="3"]~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~[/SIZE][/U][/B][/URL]

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle
kcmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #18
cmohr74
Full Fledged Farker

Right there is just one more reason I continue to purchase Oakridge products. Support the men and woman who protect us every waking second of the day. Thank you Mike, that is awesome that you would do that. As I have said before on the forum, don't hesitate to tell a military person thank you, veteran or currently serving.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #19
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Mike - When do you think Black Ops will be avail to us regular folks on your website?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #20
McEvoy AZ

Mike looking toward to jumping into the Oakridge products this weekend with chicken thighs practice. From what I am seeing about you products on this forum and what I heard about your products at the BBQ supply store today wants me to try and know how to use your products. I have a feeling Oakridge products will be a staple in my comp supplies.
McEvoy AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbuddy View Post
Mike - When do you think Black Ops will be avail to us regular folks on your website?
We're still finalizing the artwork for the packaging, but I'm hopeful that we'll have them ready in the next couple weeks, just in time for Christmas...

[URL="https://www.oakridgebbq.com"][B][U][SIZE="3"]~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~[/SIZE][/U][/B][/URL]

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #22
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Right on! Excited to try it out

Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #23
Corky
is one Smokin' Farker

All of their products have been wonderful for me. Only bummer is that they brought out the HDD for everyone to buy. I liked being one of the few to have it! Made me special!
[SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][B]Blue[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] Weber Performer
[COLOR=Blue][B]Blue[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen (Fastest in the West!)
[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Magenta"]拉猪肉[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]509 BBQ Crew[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #24
smokeyokie
is one Smokin' Farker

The Oakridge products are great!!!! as are a ton of others on the site, but I really like certain aspects of the Oakridge products, plus great CS!!! way to go KCMike!!!
[SIZE=3]maverick ET 732[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]1 really, I mean really UGLY Drum Smoker[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]super fast RED and BLACK thermapens[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]_____________________[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Billy:flame:"Smoke on Brothers and Sisters"[/SIZE]
smokeyokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #25
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-TX View Post
Do you know if they are working on any sauces?
Not planning on it. There are a ton of great sauces out there, plus I'm dedicated to manufacturing our own products so I can have ultimate control over quality and ingredients. If we did a sauce, I'd have to have it co-packed, then I loose the quality control I'm used to...

If you need a sauce that compliments our product lineup, just shoot me a PM and I'll share my competition sauce recipe with you...

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle

Old 12-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #26
glenntm

Sorry Mike. I thought word was out about the new product.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #27
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntm View Post
Sorry Mike. I thought word was out about the new product.
No problem, Tom. I hope I didn't come across like I was upset. I was going to announce it early next week anyway, so everything worked out just fine!

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle

Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #28
BBQBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmike View Post
Thanks everyone. I am deeply humbled. It's one thing to cook and do well with your own spices, but quite another when folks from all over the country (and now the world) can take your spices and make awesome Q!

It seems my buddy Tom let the cat out of the bag about our new beef rub...
Yes, it will be called Black Ops Beef Rub. It's been specifically blended to excel on all cuts of beef, but brisket is its sweet-spot... It's much different than our Competition Beef & Pork rub, so it offers our customers yet another option.

I picked the name Black Ops for a couple reasons; one, because of the way we secretly tested it at pro bbq comps all across the country (it's already got numerous top ten calls to its name and it hasn't even been released yet)... and second, and most importantly, to honor the men and women in our armed forces who defend our liberties, often to the death, just so we can live free.

My inspiration for the name ultimately came when one of my high school buddies was killed on August 6, 2011, when the helicopter he and the other 24 members of SEAL Team Six were riding in was shot down over Afghanistan. So, to honor these fallen heroes, 10% of the profit from every ounce of Black Ops Beef Rub sold will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Awesome Mike, great job!

Old 12-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #29
McEvoy AZ

I did a test run for my 2013 chicken using game changer and secret weapon. It was a huge success. Thanks Oakridge, my chicken should be very competitive this next year. I want to put in my advance order for Black Ops.
McEvoy AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #30
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by McEvoy AZ View Post
I did a test run for my 2013 chicken using game changer and secret weapon. It was a huge success. Thanks Oakridge, my chicken should be very competitive this next year. I want to put in my advance order for Black Ops.
LOL! That's great to hear! Keep an eye out for a give-away coming up real soon on my Sponsor forum...

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle