Brie, Crab and Shrimp Stuffed Salmon

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what I want to make for Christmas. Been wanting to do a stuffed salmon, but this time of year, all you get is farm raised. I did one tonight to practice and see if it is worthy of the coming of our King (and I don't mean Obama). :wink:

Stuffing is goat brie cheese, crab, mini shrimp, fresh ginger, fresh pressed garlic, lemon, and Yardbird Rub. Since brie is a soft cheese, it doesn't grate very well. In order to grate it, I put it in the freezer for a bit.

A pocket is cut into a 2 pound farm raised salmon filet for the stuffing. You really want to pack it in. The salmon is seasoned with Yardbird Rub and wrapped in Phyllo dough. I used four sheets, but I think six or seven would have been better. Brush the top with butter. For more browning, try the broiler setting on your oven.

At 350 degrees, it cooked for 30 minutes. The cheese will be really melty in the middle, so give it a rest for about five minutes. It smells awesome, so this will be tough, I know. In the Phyllo, the salmon comes out like it was poached.

My wife just ate two huge pieces. Don't know if it is worthy of the King of Kings, but my queen liked it. :rolleyes: Maybe there will be some room at the Inn tonight... if you know what I mean. :twisted: She just opened a bottle of wine. :wink:

Attachments

• Stuffed Salmon 003 [640x480].JPG
    Stuffed Salmon 003 [640x480].JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Stuffed Salmon 015 [640x480].JPG
    Stuffed Salmon 015 [640x480].JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Stuffed Salmon 016 [640x480].JPG
    Stuffed Salmon 016 [640x480].JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Stuffed Salmon 030 [640x480].JPG
    Stuffed Salmon 030 [640x480].JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Stuffed Salmon 033 [640x480].JPG
    Stuffed Salmon 033 [640x480].JPG
    74 KB · Views: 136
I just ate dinner and you made me hungry again!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm!

Lookin' real good Todd.

How does the Goat Brie compare to regular bovine brie?

Lookin' real good Todd.

How does the Goat Brie compare to regular bovine brie?

You know Paul, I never tried it.

I did shave all of the outside crap before I froze it. Figured it was easier to take that rind off before it became a hockey puck.

My bride is still waiting for some of that Todd.... Thanks alot :)

O man that looks pretty damn good.You should consider a trip up here next summer if the fishing returns to what it was the previous couple years.This was from 2 yrs ago on wifes birthday.Last year the fishing was on the poor side.

Attachments

• Brens B Day 011.jpg
    Brens B Day 011.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Brens B Day 003.jpg
    Brens B Day 003.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Ummmmmmm....good lookin' eats!.....Bet that would be killer smoked as well (minus the phyllo).....Well done!

Last edited:
Damn dood!! That looks faaaantastic!!

Back