Cambro / Carlisle or what to buy?

I have one of those and they work great.

You need to check capacity and price and make a decision between Cambro and Carlisle based on what you need.

TIM

We have a Cambro and a Carlisle and both work fine. Carlisle are generally cheaper.

Both work well.

I prefer the Cambro 400 series. I can fit 8 butts in it fairly easy. We've had 2 packers, 4 butts and a flat in one before.

The 300 series holds less (which you probably already know).

If you have a Restaurant Depot nearby the cambro mpc 300's go on sale for 169.00, usually 189.00.
I have two great for hot or cold.

Potato...Potahto...whatever's cheaper! :becky: BTW...we have a Cambro...

The Cambro is better quality insulated food carrier, but the Carlisle is sufficient and offers a nice band for the buck.

I have 2 400 carlisle's....they have warped on the door, the top and the sides....would not recommend to anyone......bad enough to where the pans slide in really tough.

I use 2 Cambro's. They are great and very durable. I would suggest buying them used at a restaurant supply store.

Cambro's Get My Vote

I have 3 300'S that are 5 years old and still perfect. They replaced 3 Carlise's that had warped so bad that they would not hold heat. The Carlisles were used for two competiton seasons.

I have 2 400 carlisle's....they have warped on the door, the top and the sides....would not recommend to anyone......bad enough to where the pans slide in really tough.

my carlise wont even hold pans any more, they want to fall because of the warping/craftmanship.

I called Carlise and they said.."you didnt buy it from us, we dont sell to the public", so I called the place I got it from and they didnt even want to see it. My wife got one for me for Christmas and didnt use it for 5 months and they said it was too old to be any of their problem. bad service.

I love my Cambro. No idea what model number it is other than it is the cheaper one of the two I've seen at RD. I'd get another in a heartbeat.

My Carlisle has been in my un-heated and un-cooled trailer for over 3 years now.

Condition is as good as new.

TIM

I have a Cambro 400 series that is 8+ years old and is still in perfect condition. One will work for comps.

Back