MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 10-09-2019, 12:31 AM   #166
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Arkansas... Just as bad.

You mean just as good!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 10-09-2019, 04:27 PM   #167
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

KenInk with Ink Bird has generously agreed to donate a 4-probe Bluetooth thermometer for the BASH! I did a review on the same unit recently. It is a nice unit. We will draw names or something during the Bash.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=275400
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-12-2019, 07:02 PM   #168
LYU370

Any good restaurants to hit in Temple Friday night before the bash?

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #169
cueball21

Name/Nickname : Bob, aka, Uncle

What type food, Andy!
“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain UNALIENABLE RIGHTS, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of HappinessThat to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their JUST Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the RIGHT of the People to alter or to abolish it and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.” . . . -2nd paragraph, US Declaration of Independence

Now you know 'the thing.'

Bob's yer uncle!
cueball21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #170
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball21 View Post
What type food, Andy!
Something good. Doesn't really matter.

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
Old 10-13-2019, 05:57 PM   #171
cueball21

Name/Nickname : Bob, aka, Uncle

Schoepf's BBQ on Central Avenue in Belton offers pit smoked brisket, steak, pork chops, chicken, sausage etc. with a choice of sides. It's rustic with wooden picnic tables. You choose your meat from the pit and your sides from the counter inside.

Luigi's Italian Restaurant in Belton is not too far from the pavilion at the lake where the bash will take place. It is across from the high school on Loop 121 where it meets Lake Road. Lake Road is the one that the dam road intersects at the pavilion at Lake Belton. Because they are so near the school, they have no alcohol license but the food is good.

BJ's Restaurant in Temple at the intersection of IH35 and the HK Dodgen Loop - in the shopping center - is a sort of modern grill and drinks house. It's a bit noisy - by design I think - but is fun occasionally. They keep a fairly well stocked bar.

There is a semi-upscale steak house in downtown Temple called Cheeves Brothers. I say semi because the prices are high and the service is generally good but I think the steaks are average. They do have a decent dessert cart, IIRC. It is located at the corner of Second St. and East Ave. A. Reservations might be needed on a Friday night.

There is a Longhorn's Steak House (chain outlet) on the northbound frontage road between Midway Drive and the aforementioned HK Dodgen Loop.

There is a sushi restaurant downtown called Nami. They have another place in Belton. The one downtown is on Second Street at East Ave. A across Second Street from Cheeves Brothers (I think).

There is an Italian restaurant downtown called Pignetti's. It is on Second Street in the block above East Ave. A. I find it noisy and the food from average to good. They have a good wine selection.

There is a restaurant in downtown Temple called Benny's Ristorante. It was formerly an Italian restaurant called Dibz in a different location. I've heard that the menu has changed and expanded but I have not been there and cannot attest to its quality. It is located on S. Main St. near East Ave. A.

There is a Thai restaurant on West Adams Avenue called Mi Mi's. Good service and pretty good Thai food. Mi Mi is a native of Thailand and serves authentic food from fresh ingredients she chooses each day. They have a good assortment of Asian beers.

I hope this helps. I believe you can find web sites for all these places but I'm not sure of that.

Those are the ones I can remember off hand. Maybe Paul will chime in with his favs.
“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain UNALIENABLE RIGHTS, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of HappinessThat to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their JUST Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the RIGHT of the People to alter or to abolish it and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.” . . . -2nd paragraph, US Declaration of Independence

Now you know 'the thing.'

Bob's yer uncle!
cueball21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:10 PM   #172
LYU370

WOW! Thanks! Will have to check into these. Stayed at the Residence Inn last year off of I-35, but they're booked up this year. Will stay at one of the other Marriott properties so I can get my points.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:13 AM   #173
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

I would pick Miller's in Belton over Schoep's for bbq.

Luigi's in belton is good. So is Italiano's on 31st in Temple. Italian

Sol De Jalisco in Belton on Main Street is my favorite for Mexican.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #174
chambersuac

If anyone is sticking around for a couple of day after the Bash, you're welcome to make the about 2 hours drive to Kingsbury for church at 10:30 Sunday morning, then we can go to Luling for BBQ after :)

If anyone does plan to join us for church, give me a heads-up so I can remove your name from the sermon. ;)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:29 AM   #175
pjtexas1

Probably best to leave our names in. We need all the help we can get...

SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Old 10-16-2019, 06:45 AM   #176
pjtexas1

10 days

Old 10-16-2019, 07:16 AM   #177
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Hotch

10 Days till the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash!
Wow this is really coming up fast!
Remember to invite your family and friend to join us!

Get ready for a great time at the Bash!!

The 2024 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Invite Post (Link)

The 2024 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning Thread! (Link)

Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:29 AM   #178
pjtexas1

For those counting along...
9 days!

Old 10-18-2019, 06:15 AM   #179
pjtexas1

8 days
I really need to start getting my stuff together.

Old 10-19-2019, 12:40 AM   #180
pjtexas1