• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

1st Brisket on Completed UDS w/ PRON

indianagriller

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Here are the pics from the maiden voyage...

Here is the 13 lb brisket in cryovac
IMAGE_045.jpg

Here is is after being rubbed with PopDaddys dirty dalmatian rub from his video on you tube.

IMAGE_058.jpg

Here is the UDS in action, you can see the other grills/smokers that are not in use since the UDS.
IMAGE_059.jpg

Here is the Brisket after the point was removed,cubed, lightly sauced and placed back in the smoker for about 3 more hours.

IMAGE_061.jpg

No pictures after slicing due to it being consumed so fast. Overall I am very happy with my pair of UDS It held temp like a champ and the cook went about 5 hours or so at about 230-260. The smell was awesome with the fat rendering down and sizzling onto the coals.

Last edited:
It is an 18, or i would be using it for the lid. I am looking at yard sales,dumps,recycle places, for old donor lids for it.

Brisket

The brisket looks great.can you give some imformation on the smoker. I am a beginner.and all i know to do is ask questions.
Keep on smokng. Thanks mf sport.

Looks real good! I'm a little suprised at the cook time, ( 5hrs?)..What temp did you pull it? Nice lookin' bark! Bet it tasted good too....Nice job man! I'll be doin my first cook on my newly built uds tomorrow,,,Was goin' to do a butt or some ribs, but man that brisket's mighty temptin'....

Firecrackerjack

I was suprised with the cook time as well, but the probe went in smooth like butter, I then checked with a therm and it was at 189 and the point was at 176. MFSPORT, there is a lengthy thread going on about the UDS so i wont really get into details about it, but you are cooking over direct heat instead of indirect like an offset. Something about the smell of the drippings hitting the fire that makes it smell and taste better.

Back