• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Spent some time in Colorado Springs, Co and hit up a couple BBQ spots....

Deebo

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I spent this last week in Colorado Springs, Co and I hit up a couple of BBQ spots that were suggested to me. The first spot was Front Range BBQ. My gf wanted to check it out because it was on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. I had the spare ribs and brisket. I thought both the ribs and brisket had great flavor. The ribs fell off of the bone with ease so they were a bit overcooked, although because a lot of people like em that way, a lot of BBQ joints cook em that way purposely. The brisket was friggen delicious and seemed to be cooked perfectly! I would absolutely recommend that spot if you're looking for good BBQ in Colorado Springs. When I go back, I'll hit up that spot again and try more stuff on the menu.

The second spot I tried was Bird Dog BBQ. This was one of those smaller, local BBQ spots. It was the kinda small, poorly lit, spots that actually made you expect really good bbq. Once again, I had the spare ribs and brisket. It was aaaaaaiiight! LOL. The ribs weren't as flavorful as the first place but they were still pretty decent ribs. They also fell off the bone with absolutely no effort at all. The brisket had decent flavor but they definitely overcooked it. It was noticably pot roasty and the gf agreed. One thing that the folks at Bird Dog BBQ did that really stood out was that they just randomly gave my gf and I a free container of peach cobbler.......which was surprisingly FRIGGEN DELICIOUS!!! Kudos to them for that one!!:clap:

Anyone know of any other good 'Que joint in that area that I can check out the next time I go?

I live in the springs and there aren't very many places to choose from. There's rudies on 8th St. And a BBQ food truck on academy and union sometimes.

Back