• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My competition trailer

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hopefully this picture works and i'll post a couple more. It's an 8.5' x 16' that has 2 FE's in this pic plus hot/cold running water. Believe it or not I move the FE at the back left up to the front for travel and can load my golf cart in for travel.

If all goes well in 2 weeks the swing doors will be replaced by a ramp door and in 2008 I'll travel with 3 FE's. And I think I'm going to put the fridge back in and take ou the front counter.

trailerinside2.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Water system
watersystem.jpg.w300h225.jpg

outside - awning
meandthetrailer.jpg.w300h210.jpg

Only thing i see missing on that counter is Sunday's tenderloin....:cool:
Very nice trailer, i thought even more of it when it was for sale!!! :biggrin:

Ford who did you go to to get a platform gate? I was thinking of adding a flatform to the back of my rv, so I don't need to unload my FE's... Just roll them out. Much like my hero, Ulcer Acres...

Very nice Ford! I'm looking forward to the day I have a little trailer that will haul (1) FE :biggrin:

Excuse my ignorance - but here goes: the FE on the back wall in the first pic - looks pretty permanent - does the inside of the trailer not fill up with smoke when you open the door during a cook? Or do you roll them out of the trailer each time you're cooking?

Ford who did you go to to get a platform gate? I was thinking of adding a flatform to the back of my rv, so I don't need to unload my FE's... Just roll them out. Much like my hero, Ulcer Acres...

Well my trailer is made by United in Elkhart IN area so I went back to them. I imagine your MH is also made in that area. Try asking the dealer if the manufacturer can retro fit one in. Not sure ehat problems you could have with a warranty. I no longer have that problem.

And yes I want to be like my hero Ulcer Acres as well but I can't afford a 38' toy hauler.

Very nice Ford! I'm looking forward to the day I have a little trailer that will haul (1) FE :biggrin:

Excuse my ignorance - but here goes: the FE on the back wall in the first pic - looks pretty permanent - does the inside of the trailer not fill up with smoke when you open the door during a cook? Or do you roll them out of the trailer each time you're cooking?

The FE is vented out the window so it's only a little smoke when you open the door while cooking. I have 2 roof vents and side windows to allow airflow. The one up front against the front wall that you see will always be there. I plan to vent it thru the roof if possible this winter. The other 2 will roll out onto the new ramp door being installed. I'm still working on an idea for an awning to roll out over it. Could use an EZUP like Dr Porkenstien does.

I love the fact that you bring a golf cart to the site. Just make sure Wayne does not hear this. He is infamous for his escapades in them.

Ford, great work. Thanks again for sharing your insights with me as i try to figure out how to haul a lang and and egg!!:?::?:

Back