Found an Oklahoma Joe's on CL

pokefan

Reaction score
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/app/1771597982.html

I don't really need much convincing on this one, I'm pretty sure it's worth every penny if it's clean but thought I'd get a 2nd opinion from the masters here. I've got a birthday coming up in a week and a half so it should be pretty easy to convince the wife on this one. I've really been trying to hunt down a quality backyard smoker for a while now w/o much luck and this seems to be about perfect.

What do you guys think?

I'd jump on it. I bought one from Academy last year and it was 399.00 on sale.

By the look of the fire box the thing's hardly been used. Hell... for $150.00 I'll drive down to OK City myself and get it if you don't. :thumb:

I emailed him this morning about it but got too excited and didn't even notice he posted a phone #! :doh: Called about it on my way to lunch and someone has already called and they are meeting up this afternoon. If she doesn't take it then I'm all over this. Already been approved for the funds, now I just hope this lady doesn't know what she's looking at!

That's a steal - do not ask question or pass go - just get it. That's not an Acadamy OKJ's, New Brunsfel or Charbroil OJ Joes - that's an original 1/4" steel Joe Davidson build. All welded - no bolted on parts.

I had the exact same model as my first smoker - sold it about 3 1/2 years ago for $350 - not in as good as shape as the one here.

I kind of figured from looking at the pictures that it was pretty thin but couldn't really tell. If I don't get the Ok Joes smoker I'll probably just hang on to the cash and wait for something to pop up.

Looks like the Wild West model. Sells for about $300.

It's a bit smaller than the 'Longhorn' which sells for $400.

Get a measurement of the cook chamber length. It's 40 inch on the Longhorn.

The joes is gone! Looks like I should have been a little quicker on the trigger. Back to CL stalking I guess. I have a hard time believing I'll find as good of a deal now though. That's just going to make shopping that much more difficult!

that was probably one of the newer ones which is real thin metal now i have one that i been thinking of selling and its the older model which is real heavy steel needs to be cleaned up sanded down and in good shape i just built a drum and thinking about selling it......if interested send me Pm and i will shoot some pics and a price....

Thanks for the heads up Phreak. You've got a PM

Jim, thanks I'll be on the lookout.

Back