Daddy & Me (pic heavy)

FamilyManBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Inspired by monty3777's post...

Thought I'd share an experience of my own. A couple of weeks ago my daughter and I competed as Daddy & Me BBQ in a one day event (WA Spring Training in Seattle). This was my daughter's first comp (my second).

We took 2nd in sausage, 2nd in chicken, 6th in tri-tip and 1st in ribs. We were GC!!!

It's hard to describe how it felt to share this with my daughter. What an experience!!! Here are some pics:

040.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

022.jpg

064.jpg

070.jpg

Grand20Champion.jpg

Katie and I built the "smoker joe" and entered this contest in conjuction with her science fair project (on the formation of a smoke ring). Her project was very well received...even more ribbons!!!

She's now set to compete in a Kids Q competition this Saturday. She's got the bug!!

Great Job! Congratulations on the contest and what an excellent science fair project. Way to go Katie!

That is awesome!

Congrats on your walk and GC. I am sure she will grow up appreciating BBQ and competitions.

The smiles on the kid's faces with their trophies speaks volumes. Awesome job...and congrats on your GC.

Thanks! Little brother (and the Home Depot guy) wanted to get in on the photo action!! Katie has the ribbons/trophies displayed in her bedroom!! One very proud little bbq cook. :-D

Back