Grilled garlic-mint-apple-marinated lamb Ribs w roasted buttered veggies

Serial344

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello guys,
We are working hard in Italy to spread your magnificent live-fire-cooking doctrine. Of course with a touch of italian cuisine style.
This is a terrific grilling recipes that I wanted to share with you all. I've got another cool recipe that I'll post soon.

Let's talk about the dish....

Well, I started with a couple of good fatty and bone-in lamb racks. Very small so the meat is very tender, juicy and delicate...

costoletteagn_ingr.jpg

I prepared the marinade with Olive oil, apple juice, lemon juice, coarse black pepper, coarse coriander seed, garlic and fresh mint leaves. The marinade is really a good balance of flavors: Greasy (oil), sweet(apple juice), sour(lemon juice), savory (garlic), pungent (pepper), spicy(coriander), aromatic (mint leaves). Don't use salt to avoid loosing precious meat juices. I'll put some coarse salt when serving.

costoletteagn_1.jpg

costoletteagn_2.jpg

Put in a bag and let marinade for a couple of hourse (better more..)

In the meanwhile, melt some unsalted butter and brush the veggies. I used corn on the cob, red onions and endive. These vegetebles are sweet (corn), aromatic and savory (onions) and bitter(endive) for a good contrast.

costolette_3.jpg

To season the veggies, I prepared a parsley-oil simply pounding some fresh italian parsley in a mortar (I recommend using even the stems to boost flavor).

costoletteagn_4.jpg

Remove the meat from marinade, discard the excess and sear the meat over high heat. After, wrap the meat in aluminum foil and continue cooking trough low heat until you reach your preferred doneness. I prefer medium for the lamb. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes and make thick slices including the bones.

costoletteagn_5.jpg

costoletteagn_6.jpg

Put on a plate adding the juice from the aluminum foil, some roasted veggies and season with coarse black salt and parsley oil.
My guests loved this dish, I hope you so.

preview.jpg

Let me know what you think...
Bye Bros!

Last edited:
That is some great looking Food there, and my compliments on the cooking lesson. You did an excellent job on the instructions and the pron to go with each step..... I do love Lamb, i once ordered a "Crown Roast 13lbs from the butcher a few years back for Christmas dinner out of Pork, They made a mistake and used Lamb instead. well he said he would charge the same price as the pork with a 10% discount for the mistake, I have been hooked ever since, It did turn out great....

Back