Chicken breast wrapped in bacon...with lots of pron

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Like I promised, after seeing a fellow brethren post a chicken breast wrapped in bacon, I decided to give it a try. I started out with boneless chicken breasts and used Morton's Tender Quick on the breasts, to tenderize them a bit. After 4 hours, rinsed the breasts and patted them dry.
PICT0007-3.jpg

Made a stuffing of cream cheese, roasted red peppers, capers, shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese.
PICT0004-3.jpg

Made a slit on the breasts and lined the inside with ham and then the filling.
pict0008-2.jpg

Seasoned the breast with Plowboy's Yardbird Rub.
PICT0010-4.jpg

Wrapped them in bacon and re applied more rub.
PICT0013-1.jpg

Fired up the chimney with Stubb's.
PICT0005-3.jpg

Cooked in the kettle over indirect heat with apple wood chips.
pict0015-4.jpg

About 20 minutes on each side, internal temp. of 170 degrees. Some mixed veggies to keep it company on the dish.
pict0017-2.jpg

PICT0020-2.jpg

PICT0025-2.jpg

Absolutely, tender, juicy and moist....needless to say, no left overs! :mad:

Will do again, very soon! Hope you enjoy!:grin:

Looks very tasty, someday I'll have to wrap bacon around everything! To bad we don't have stubbs charcoal around here, I'd try it.

i like bacon wrapped bacon....its amazing!

nice cook gonna have to try that

Mmm! If you would have added just a bit of thin-sliced steak into that, you'd have had the whole barnyard in there! :p And if you did that, you could call it Barnyard Boobies. :mrgreen:

Or maybe not! :-D

Anyway, pass the platter, please.

Very nice, might just have to try this weekend, though I have three racks sitting in fridge.

So much meat, so little time.

It is certainly worth the effort. Good luck to everyone trying it out. I also liked the way the Stubb's cooked, it seemed to last longer than the Reg. Kingsford.

Back