The Big Pig Gig Menomonee Falls, WI Cancelled

Trainwreck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Suspicions were confirmed this morning in the local paper the Menomonee Falls WI comp has been cancelled this year. It may be brought back next year. The person that ran this event was let go. Just wanted to let you guys know.
Andy

That's a shame. It was a fun competition. I wonder how many more will cancle as we get further into the year :(

I had heard about Jenny. Too bad, as it was a fun contest.

I still get to wear the crown though... :twisted:

I just heard from Marsha regarding Zoo-B-Que in Racine, and that one is not confirmed yet. Not cancelled, just not booked.

I come, I see I take... They just never recovered from my fall tour.... :roll::roll: Now if Libertyville comes back and says no go.... I quit...

I think you're behind the cancellations. You know, can't lose the crown if they don't run. You're trying to build your "Reigning Champion" list.

it is sorta nice not losing that "Reigning Champ" title... So I have that going for my resume... Which is nice... :cool:

Heck, I just realized... I am the official Pork Champ of Racine County too. So I have that crown too!!!! Better luck next time Pat... :twisted:

This contest was where i popped my comp cherry two years ago so I would have liked to see it stay. The person that is replacing Jenny will be no help to getting the comp back so hopefully she is replaced soon. Hopefully racine still happens.

it is sorta nice not losing that "Reigning Champ" title... So I have that going for my resume... Which is nice... :cool:

Heck, I just realized... I am the official Pork Champ of Racine County too. So I have that crown too!!!! Better luck next time Pat... :twisted:

It's starting to look like you are the Grim Reaper of BBQ:eek::mrgreen:

I just heard from Marsha regarding Zoo-B-Que in Racine, and that one is not confirmed yet. Not canceled, just not booked.

Even though they haven't officially anounced... Any one know the that it would be if the were to announce???

If I understand your posts right.... :roll:

My guess would be 9/25....

marshia is hoping to do the zoobque at the cival war place on the lake it would be a better place to do ot she said she would call me i a week or to to let me know if it will happen or not but i know she is going to do everything she can to put it on

You guys need to relax there is a lot of time to lock in the site. I think your getting ahead of yourselves, you will be surprised it will happen. Good things happen to those who wait. Relax.

I'm not worried Scotty, as I will find another. But for some who only do 2-4 contests a year. Especially in Wisconsin, as 1 had gone down, another is in serious life support, one has been taken over by a new person and the old person is questioning it. I can see why some of these guys are freaking. It might mean they have to drive more that 90 minutes from home to compete.....

OK, so I have a question....call it newbie trivia

Pat and us both had a 161.2856 in pork in Racine. How do they determine who was 2nd, and who was third?

Not complaining, we were thrilled, in fact, too thrilled to even notice it was a tie! Just curious if anyone knows how that was decided:icon_blush:

Sucks about Menomenee. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be cooking too much this year either....economy seems to be kicking us all in the teeth. We're hoping to do Westmont, and we'll see where it goes from there

I'm not 'Freaking'... Just trying to get our team schedule in order... One of my guys does a fair amount of traveling, and we all need to think about vacations...

To be honest, I haven't been able to do the Zoo-B-Q because it always fell on a weekend I was committed to be out of town so if the weekend of the 25th is correct, all the better...

Also, if they aren't going to have it at the zoo, can they really still call it the 'Zoo-B-Q'???

Dann, they break ties as follows:

Using the 5 scores, they first add up the taste scores only and see if that breaks the tie. Then they do that with tenderness and appearance until the tie is broken.

If that doesn't work, they add in the 6th score that was originally discarded.

If that doesn't work, they have a computer generated coin toss.

Thanks Pat! (and RON) I think I'd read that somewhere....just the first time I noticed we'd tied.

Anyone know if there's some reason Marsha wouldn't be able to use the zoo again? We actually really liked that venue!

Back