Reverse Flow Project Underway

• Thread starter Full Throttle Q
  • Start date
F

Full Throttle Q

CIMG1356-400.jpg

Got a good start today. The Tank is 1/4" steel 30" Dia. 7' end to end. It made it to the "roller" stage so I can move it around without the forklift now. The firebox is under construction. Just thought I woud snap a pic at the begining. I will update as we go
Mike

Thanks full throttle. I'll be interested to follow this as I'm hopefully not too far behind you.

What is the finished goal? Something sort of like a Lang 84? Or different?

Looking foward to your project.

J

Great Start! Looking forward to the rest of the build!

I would say the Lang will be close to what I am planning. I was going to do an insulated firebox but changed my mind. it is now 1/4" plate hopefully that will be on next week and the dividing plate can go in, that will also be 1/4" to help recovery time and even out heat
Mike

Hi Full Throttle. What made you decide against the insulated firebox?

J

Nice. Maybe you could start a photo gallery on this project. It's make it easier for us to keep up.

It was an industrial air surge tank that was mounted in a factory. It was gifted to me by a brethern here from Lazybones Smokehouse (with the understanding he could borrow it if need be) I made a test unit and the insulated box did not seem to help as much as I thought it would so I skipped the added fabrication. I can alway add it in version 2.0 if need be
Mike

That is a good start, wish I had the knowledge and tools to build something like that.

Back