Limerock Rubbn' and Racin' Cancelled

YankeeBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I don't know the who what where or how's about this I simply know it's been cancelled. Please don't kill the messenger.

Last edited:
Two contest's go poof in the same weekend. That suck. Can somebody say "Williepalooza"?

Come on out to Chicagoland... We're still having one in Westmont that weekend. It's a Sat/Sun contest. We'll take care of ya Steve... Only as long as you bring the crew, so my sister has something to do... Only 4 blocks from my casa... Stay on I-90 the whole way... Easy peasy....

Come on out to Chicagoland... We're still having one in Westmont that weekend. It's a Sat/Sun contest. We'll take care of ya Steve... Only as long as you bring the crew, so my sister has something to do... Only 4 blocks from my casa... Stay on I-90 the whole way... Easy peasy....

I'm thinking about doing the GAB

OK, it's an easy drive. I enjoyed it so much, I am going to do it again this year... Besides, they don't have beefs down in KC... :wink:

No, but, they do have homemade tamales and hurricanes. ; )

What time are you serving? If it's Friday, I could fly down, have some and then fly back in time for my Westmont contest...

That seems reasonable... ;-)

Scottie

Or you could wait until the following weekend and I'll bring some to Qlossal.....that's if you're still going to Qlossal.

That would be 2 weeks later. I am thinking that if I get my 7th GC by Qlossal, I for sure will be there.... :wink:

I am sorry, but that is just too damn funny.... My sides are hurting I am laughing so hard... :cool:

That sucks. Not many qualifiers in New England this year. No Maine, CT or RI. NH looks iffy.

Figures. All the states I want to go to....

Figures. All the states I want to go to....

Well there still is VT. That should be a pretty easy contest to win... :roll: I heard a rumor Trigg and Rodney are showing up this year.

I had a riot at Harpoon last year. Probably part of my problem too... :shock:

I heard that about Trigg and Rod. Long drive for them, as I know how long it took me.

That sucks. Not many qualifiers in New England this year. No Maine, CT or RI. NH looks iffy.

It does suck but what can you do ? I have some contacts in Maine but I want to compete in a contest not organize it.

Two contest's go poof in the same weekend. That sucks. Can somebody say "Williepalooza"?

I really enjoyed Willie Palooza....!

I really enjoyed Lime Rock!!!!!

I'm really disappointed about Lime Rock!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

As you know, we are real disappointed for a few reasons. Plus as Chris says, not many contests in NE this year...didn't think we pissed off that many people!
nancee

I don't know the who what where or how's about this I simply know it's been cancelled. Please don't kill the messenger.

chicagoland

since it appears that I may have some extra free weekends this spring; wondered if there are any contests out your way I should try to hit...got a couple of pretty fatboys that need a lift home...
thanks
nancee

Shannon is the best. It's a cooks contest. No fluff and stuff. Just a bunch of cookers out in a corn/soy bean field cooking. A can't miss one for our area for sure. My hometown (Westmont) is having one over Memorial Day weekend. We are adding more and more contests in the area. In a way it's nice that I don't have to travel far. But I like to go to new parts and see new states, so I am torn. I am returning to all of the one's in our area this year. They are all well organized, with decent money and some good organizers. Let me know if you need more details and where you are picking them up. Wisconsin also has some good contests as well.

Shannon is the best. It's a cooks contest. No fluff and stuff. Just a bunch of cookers out in a corn/soy bean field cooking. A can't miss one for our area for sure. My hometown (Westmont) is having one over Memorial Day weekend. . Wisconsin also has some good contests as well.

westmont is a nice contest for sure--but won't be there this year--our first contest is gonna be the GAB it seems--then a new one down the road in Deforest, Wi

Scottie is right about Shannon--a real ccoks contest for sure

Back