Young Gun

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
My 17 year old nephew Kyle has been going to contests with us since we began. He does all the grilling when there is a grilling contest as part of a KCBS event. He finished Drivers Ed during the summer and will take his road test soon. He turns 18 in December. He is already thinking about getting a couple of WSM's and trying a full KCBS contest on his own next year. He absolutely loves BBQ and has won RGC at this years BBQ on the Farms grilling contest. He has already picked out his team name Kyles Que Krew. I just wonder how long it will take him to whoop our butts at a contest? My bet is his first one.:biggrin:

Good luck to your nephew!!!! Nice to see the young ones going in the right direction.

Guy - you have to admit, Kyle is serious and focused :-D. He has the competitive spirit. I'll back your bet that he hands it to you at his first one....

You go Kyle! I was cheering for you in PA, and I will cheer for you the next time you walk the walk!

Guy, he wouldn't be wanting to do this if he hadn't have had a good mentor.....I hope Kyle is able to take his cooking to the top and we'll be seeing his name at the AR or JD.

It's great to find something you are passionate about early on - Good Luck Kyle! Guy - you have to be happy that you had a hand in that.

It's easy to see that Kyle's been bit my the contest bug.. I saw it especially when he cooked on his own in the amateur contest at Yardley with his own set up, recipes etc.

He fit in perfectly and took home some really nice hardware to prove his efforts paid off..

Back