Spatchcock Chicken

L

Larry Wolfe

I grilled a 5 lb spatchcocked chicken last night loaded up with some of the Citrus rub I've been trying out. Grilled at 325* for an hour and a half. The flavor was pretty dang good if I say so myself. A nice fresh fruity, herbal, slightly sweet flavor. My 5 year old kept asking everyone if she could eat everyones chicken skin! She's my best and worst critic! She eats WRO on pringles, but she'll also tell me if she doesn't like something! So with her approval, that means I'm getting close on this!!

Does look real good there larry. Nice color.
Real appetizing.

Good lookin' bird man...the breast meat looks juicy as well. Did you cook to an internal temp or just pulled it off at the 1 1/2 hour mark? My wife would like to know which citrus rub you used. She is getting tired of my 'ol stand by...LOL!:p

JD

Good looking bird Larry!!

What temp did you cook that at in the Primo?

Any smoke wood?

Good lookin' bird man...the breast meat looks juicy as well. Did you cook to an internal temp or just pulled it off at the 1 1/2 hour mark? My wife would like to know which citrus rub you used. She is getting tired of my 'ol stand by...LOL!:p

JD
I pulled the chicken when the breast hit 165* and the thigh was at 175*. I used a "concept citrus rub" that I've been testing and tweaking and trying to get right for close to a year now.

Good looking bird Larry!!

What temp did you cook that at in the Primo?

Any smoke wood?

Cooked at 325* grate temp on the Primo Jr. No smoke wood this time around, I didn't want to cover up the citrus flavor too much.

Boy that's making me hungry. Looks fantastic.

I think I'm going to try spatchcocking a chicken this weekend just for the hell of it.

Back