MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
Bready
Found some matches.

Default LI ICS Chili Cookoff 5/27 (results & pics)

Hey everyone just a reminder that we are hosting a chili-cookoff this sunday may 27th. Everyone is welcomed.
It is $5.00 a person to taste all the chili you could. There will be about 8 different chiles to try.

Hope to see you all there.
here are directions from sunrise hwy:
Heading in either direction on sunrise hwy:
get off at the exit for Route 112 (Medford Ave) and head south.
Make Left turn (heading East) onto Main Street.
Make Right turn (heading South) onto Bay Ave (there will be a sign for Marina)
Make Left turn (heading East) onto Newins Street
Make Right turn (heading South) onto Grove Ave.
Look for Morgans Swan River Marina and restaurant sign #363 Grove Ave
any questions that day please call 631-467-9378
Bready is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
MilitantSquatter

I'll be visiting to check in on Westex, BBQQueen and Sled...

anyone else planning to stop by ?
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thanks Brandon, Vinny et al,
Yes, it looks to be the happening place to be tomorrow.
Looking forward to the gig and it should be fun for all who compete and or attend.
The car is loaded and all the provisions and secret ingredients are packed ready to go in the am.
The only things I don't have to bring are beans.
Be there or be square.
Wes
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Good luck to all! I have to paint the front porch tomorrow but am hoping to escape for a while to come see ya'll in action. What time is judging and the awards?
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #5
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

12-4
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2007, 07:30 AM   #6
Porkmeister
Knows what a fatty is.

Good luck to everyone. I wanted to take a drive up but the Wife says I have to cook for 50 people coming over today. Who new?

Old 05-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #7
MilitantSquatter

I'll let Wes and Sled provide the details...but the event was a fun time and both of them got walks. I hope I get this part right....

Westex - 3rd place Red Chili
Sledneck- 2nd place Peoples Choice Chili and also 2nd place in Chili Verde (Green Chili).

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 08-30-2007 at 10:00 PM..

Old 05-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #8
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

GREAT contest. My hats off to brandon for a job well done. Cant wait till next year. Congrats to wes. Thanks to all the brethren who came down to support us.....vinny.....you the man! See you in dover. Over and OUT
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]

Old 05-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #9
Westexbbq

Roger that and same right back atcha!
Great day and a splendid time was had by all.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #10
Sawdustguy

Congratulations to Wes and Steve!

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #11
SmokeInDaEye

Great job guys! Looks like it was a blast! Now are those hot sauece bottles really little or did Wes grow a ton since I last saw him?
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2007, 09:22 PM   #12
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

i spent the afternoon bored out of my farking mind,

and FORGOT the contest was on.. s0rry guys.. i messed that one up...

but i did get my tomato plants.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #13
MilitantSquatter

Oh.. I forgot....Special thanks to Thirdeye for helping Sled with a kickarse pot of green chili... Steve must have done everything right cause it was really, really good stuff. There is talk that Sled is gonna whip up a large batch at Williepalooza.... Highly recommended....

Poob - Should have kept your cell phone on you !!! I called at 11:30 AM to remind you / see if you wanted to come down to the contest....No answer...

Old 05-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #14
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
Oh.. I forgot....Special thanks to Thirdeye for helping Sled with a kickarse pot of green chili... It was really good stuff. There is talk that Sled is gonna whip up a large batch at Williepalooza.... Highly recommended....

Poob - Should have kept your cell phone on you !!! I called at 11:30 AM to see if you wanted to come down to the contest....No answer...
that chili was rea; good this coming from me who doesnt like chili. I gave all the rest out to the pulic and had people coming back for 2nds and 3rds. It is real tasty

Old 05-27-2007, 09:53 PM   #15
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
i spent the afternoon board out of my farking mind,
you should answer your phone, bastidge

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote