Kookers Kare

SloppyQ

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
It's that time of year, just wondering what brothers will be participating in this worthwhile charity. We will show up in Sugar Creek about mid day Friday the 23rd. Should we get a motel or bring the travel trailer? Travel trailer I think.:wink:

We'll be there with our travel trailer even though I only live about 6-8 miles away.

Plowboy said:
We'll be there with our travel trailer even though I only live about 6-8 miles away.

Bringing the whole rig?

trip.jpg

We'll be there with the trailer, about a gallon of Capt. Morgan, and some torches to stuff in the firebox to really get those butts cookin'. 800lbs, coming right up!!!!:twisted:

You know I will be there - and I thank everyone who is coming and who has donated to Kookers Kare during the last year. We will have over $10,000 of meat to cook up and donate to the Harvestors Food Network.

I may have the rebuilt margarita machine ready for it's debut.

BTW if anyone wants to buy a raffle ticket for a margarita machine I have them - 5 for $5.00. We will give it away at the GAB on Memorial Day weekend. Also for those of you who want to donate spices, rubs, sauses, etc. for our "BBQ Store" at the Smokefest, we are still taking donations. We are a 501(c)3 organization so it is probably a writeoff.

See everyone there - and thanks for posting this Lee.

When and where? I'll show up and to meet some of ya's.

MoKanMeathead said:
The smokefest will be going on March 23rd at the Mike Onka Memorial Building in Sugar Creek, Mo. You can go to www.kookerskare.com for more info.

HA! We posted at the exact same time, Wayne. Except I beat you to it.

Wayne,
Bring plenty of raffle tickets, we'll getm sold and if I can come up with some shaker bottles and labels there will be some rub to put in the store.
See ya all there.

SloppyQ said:
Wayne,
Bring plenty of raffle tickets, we'll getm sold and if I can come up with some shaker bottles and labels there will be some rub to put in the store.
See ya all there.
How many shakers do you need? I'll send you some.

Do I need to sign up to come out? Can I bring my son and he can help as a community project for his scouts?

VGuilford said:
Do I need to sign up to come out? Can I bring my son and he can help as a community project for his scouts?

Go to KookersKare.com and sign up. They like to know who to expect for the Friday meal, breakfast, and how many Pork Butts you are going to cook.

Plowboy said:
Go to KookersKare.com and sign up. They like to know who to expect for the Friday meal, breakfast, and how many Pork Butts you are going to cook.

I was just wanting come out and lend a hand it needed. Do I still need to sign up? I can't be there until Friday evening anyway.

VGuilford said:

Anyone can come out - if you cook some butts dinner is free (pasta dinner this year). If you just want to come for the dinner and raffle - giving away some good stuff - including entries to the GAB and 1 or 2 other contests - then dinner is $10.00.

Last year there were some friends (actually HoDeDo's friends) that had their sons out there for their community project for scouts.

Sloppy,

Sent you a PM about the shakers. I'll get a dozen containers out to you tomorrow. I have a sauce order I have to get out tomorrow, so I'll be heading to the PO after work. No charge on those shakers. You are putting them to good use, so that's all the payback I need. Just a brotha helping a brotha, help anotha.

Plowboy said:
Sloppy,

Sent you a PM about the shakers. I'll get a dozen containers out to you tomorrow. I have a sauce order I have to get out tomorrow, so I'll be heading to the PO after work. No charge on those shakers. You are putting them to good use, so that's all the payback I need. Just a brotha helping a brotha, help anotha.

Plowboy,

Got PM thanks.

Back