Barbe-Q-lossal ??

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hey, how was Barbe-Q-lossal in Des Moines? I thought a couple of you were going (Andy?). It was supposed to be my first judge gig ,but with my special kind of luck I crashed the Triumph (totaled) and me (almost totaled) Sat. 6/3. I gave it until Thur. 6/8 to see if I would be able to go,but it just wasn't gonna happen and I wanted to give Anne Rehnstrom time to get a replacement. So I pulled out Thur. morning.
Really am pretty bumbed, Bike will get repaired, as will I, and I have 4 more contests this summer.
The weather really wasn't the best, awfull chilly with rain here an there.
Hope everbody worthy won something. There always is next year.
ModelMaker

OK, I'm bored... I pulled all the ranking data into a spreadsheet and got to looking at it and...I'm really confused about the way they ranked overall winners. Is there some hidden weighting system in place?

Look at "If You've Got Em Smoke Em" - they were top ten in three categories and got nothing in the over all rankings! <scratches head> I don't get it...

Arlin,
GC, RGC, and "overall" are total scores for all 4 meats.
If you do well in 2 or three, but totally tube the other one or two--sorry Charlie.
Conversly, if you are consistantly high, but still low ranked, in each meat--you can score very high overall.

Overall rewards consistancy in all 4.

Down at Key Largo, Dave and I were only 8th in Ribs and 2nd in Brisket.
But, 3rd overall.
We missed a walk by only one place in Ribs and Chickie-(11th)-so a good total score made our day.

Clearer????

TIM

hey modelmaker
get healed up and maybe we can meat up at state center or marshalltown, im just down the road in nevada.
i had to work AGAIN this year so i did'nt make it either

Won't make State Center, annual father/sons golf tourney, that is if I can swing a club!! Marshalltown is a lock. Will be in touch before then so we can get together.
ModelMaker

Back