Taco day at work

KC Transplant

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I knew we were going to do a taco potluck at work someday so I planned to smoked a couple chuck roasts and luckily I already had them. Unfortunately they were in the freezer. My boss decided Monday night that we would do taco day Tuesday. Fast forward to me thawing out roasts enough to get a rub to stick. While getting the UDS ready at 12:30am with a flashlight between my teeth. I rubbed the chuck with Dizzy Pigs fajita rub, some chili powder from a local farmers market, salt and some turbinado sugar. I had good blue smoke by 1:30 "I think, hard to see with a flashlight" and got the meat on. I watched my temp for around an hour while I cleaned up. Holding good at about 275 and went to bed around 2:30ish. Woke up around 7:30 and woke up the coals to get my temp up again "it was down to 200" and let it roll a few more hours, blanket wrap and cooler treatment for a couple hours, pulled it and threw it in the crockpot for serving and off to work. I'm taking breaking up an argument over the last scraps in the pot, what looked like tongue marks in the pot and two marriage proposals "one that I was interested in" as signs of success. This is my first time posting a pic so I hope I did it right. Here's the chuck before I put it in it's aluminum bed for a rest in the cooler.

Attachments

• smoked chuck.jpg
    smoked chuck.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 117
Back