NFL Sunday 3-2-1 action with pron

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I bought six racks last weekend and cooked three Monday.

I'd already planned on doing the final three yesterday but the wife wanted to go out for sushi instead. There's a local spot that is outstanding....a couple of large Sapporros, tempura asparagus, some great tuna and salmon and I was fueled up for NFL action. The Broncos and Ravens game......WOW !

Anyway....two developments had me motivated to cook those last three slabs:

* Netflix find---just discovered they have 1st 15 episodes of BBQ Pitmasters
* The 1/15/13 "sell by date" :loco:

Got the membranes pulled and the bone side rubbed, flipped and letting the rub sink in while the fire is built.

20130113_091002.jpg

Gonna try to cook 'em up Johnny Trigg style.....actually Johnny Clay style. He's the one that schooled me on the power of the wrap. I'd never used foil for anything....nothing. I took foolish pride in that. After taking his advice, though, my ribs have never been better.

Now, I'm all about the results. If foil gets me there.....then so be it. :cheers:

Fired up the lump at 9:00am. I'm sold on the Wicked Good brand. Huge chunks that burn evenly and yield consistent temps throughout.

After the fire took, I closed it and rough adjusted the dampers.

Thirty mins later the dome temp was holding at 250. The rub was glazing nicely, too.

I dropped in some chunks of hickory and apple wood.

20130113_092401.jpg

I set the smoking stone and water tray in place along with the gratings. I foiled the smaller top rack where the smallest slab went.

20130113_092456.jpg

Two larger slabs fit on the bottom with my Temp probe between them.

1st hour temps holding well

Ribs have been smoking heavily for the past hour.

Temp looking good & holding real well.

20130113_102323.jpg

Looks like your off to a good start... I liked the Trigg ribs when I made them the Tiger Sauce has a good flavor.

It really is tasty stuff.

I need to find a cheaper seller, though. My grocery store is a bit high.

Second hour and the Akorn is holding. Zero adjustments.

20130113_112732.jpg

Should be a nice treat for you to celebrate the Seahawks winning!

Looks like things are coming right along there!

If you havent already tried it give this sauce a try its a steak sauce but it another sauce I use on many things. Ive been wanting to try it as a replacement for the Tiger Sauce to see how it comes out. It doesnt tast like your standard steak sauce.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Peter-Luger-Steak-Sauce-Gourmet-Food/dp/B008MB1UBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358094841&sr=8-1&keywords=peter+luger"]Peter Luger Steak Sauce by Gourmet-Food: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

Should be a nice treat for you to celebrate the Seahawks winning!

Looks like things are coming right along there!

I gotta be honest.....I'm worried sick over the game. Falcons are LOADED with talent, but their playoff history.......argh!

2hrs 45mins in and I've touched nothing.....

20130113_121401.jpg

Gotta go get the wraps ready.

Also, was surprised at the outcome of Johnny Trigg's Shootout.

If you havent already tried it give this sauce a try its a steak sauce but it another sauce I use on many things. Ive been wanting to try it as a replacement for the Tiger Sauce to see how it comes out. It doesnt tast like your standard steak sauce.

Peter Luger Steak Sauce by Gourmet-Food: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

$20.99 shipping for a bottle that's $8.99, man they make a killing of shipping.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Im sure you can find it local cheaper Giant Eagle here sold it for $5.99 a bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wraps are ready.

20130113_123651.jpg

Ribs smoked up heavily in first three hours. Packed in there tight.

20130113_123853.jpg

Getting situated

20130113_124116.jpg

Some cinnamon apple sauce on the bone side.

20130113_124506.jpg

A little cinnamon apple sauce spread over the bone side.

Sealed up

20130113_124659.jpg

Packed back in there tight

20130113_124906.jpg

Trying to leave an open spot for the temp probe

20130113_124912.jpg

Temps now recovering from open-close reloading.
20130113_130526.jpg

German engineering tasting good & the Falcons have first blood !

20130113_132703.jpg

Fresh Market carries it locally here I like it but its heavy on horseradish I've never paired that with BBQ

As long as I hold onto my wallet when I shop there, I love Fresh Market.

Their stuffed loins and chops are unreal.

Youre killing me Dub, just where in Ga do you live? I might can make it before the ribs, uh I mean the game is over.

Youre killing me Dub, just where in Ga do you live? I might can make it before the ribs, uh I mean the game is over.

:rolleyes:

Augusta area.

Loving the Falcons performance thus far....that Seahawks O-line, though, is giving Russell Wilson a LOT of time.

20130113_091023.jpg

First time using this rub.

I've tried their chili seasoning and was highly impressed. Followed their recommended recipe right off the bottle and let it simmer in the crockpot most of the day.....awesome.

This rib rub looks good thus far....we'll see soon enough how it tastes.

Back