MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #1
altomari8868
On the road to being a farker

Default Jacksonville Fl commissary and vending question

I recently moved down from the north. I have the chance to do ribs at the flea market on weekends. I just have an older Lang on a trailer. I am told I will need to sign up for commissary here in Jacksonville fl. Does anyone know of one. Also so I need to have a large rig with sinks and refrigeration or can I have coolers with ice and use a camp stove and boil hot water and hold it in a cambro. If anyone would be willing to share who does this now in North Florida it would be a huge help. Thank you all for reading.
altomari8868 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

The ONLY person qualified to answer that question is YOUR local Health Dept. Florida regs are very demanding and change from county to county.

Good luck.
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
FLAQUE
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

I PMED you. But as far as I know you need to get a catering license through the state of FL. You must cater from an approved commissary or a approved trailer, which the state calls a MFDV. The trailer has to have sinks, refrigeration, hoods, the smoker has to be covered, etc. And you need to contact your local HD. Also, now Florida doesn't inspect churches, Elk Lodges, etc. So if you wanted to use one of those for your commissary you would have to contact them on a case by case basis to see if they would approve that site or not.

Thanks from:--->