Sunday's Smoke (with PrOn)

Terry The Toad

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I made my first batch of moinks and ABTs on Sunday, along with some flank steak and bacon pinwheels.

I made the meatballs with 1 pound of hamburger, 1 egg, some breadcrumbs and some garlic. (I forgot the beef rub - but they turned out okay.)

I marinated the flank steak (1.3 pounder) in 1/4 cub olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, and a tablespoon of lemon juice, along with a little minced garlic.

The ABTs are just stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with 1/2 slice of bacon.

I smoked it all for about 2 hours at 250. The moinks and pinwheels could have come out of the smoker a little sooner (they were borderline dry - but a little sauced fixed them right up.) The ABTs should have stayed a little longer. But, all in all, it turned out pretty good for the first time.

Here are the moinks pre-cook:
MNK_RAW_med.jpg

Here are the pinwheels pre-cook:
PNW_RAW_med.jpg

And post-cook:
PNW_MNK_COOKED_med.jpg

And the ABTs pre-cook (this is my home-made JP holder: an old pie-pan and aluminum foil.)
ABT_RAW_med.jpg

And finally, the ABTs post-cook:
ABT_COOKED_med.jpg

Thanks for looking! :-D

Those pinwheels look delicious...:thumb:

I usually do my ABT's high heat (~300) and get that bacon crispy. I also mix in my favorite rub (whatever rub I feel like at the time) with the cream cheese.

Lookin' good. Can you give more detail about the pinwheels? I've never heard of them.

I marinated the steak overnight, then cut the raw steak up into strips about 3/8 of an inch thick. (However, I think I will go a little thicker next time.) I laid out a strip of bacon, covered it with a strip of steak, then rolled it up and held it together with a couple of toothpicks. Mine were pretty basic - but tasty!

Use the google search at the bottom of the brethren page - and search for pinwheels. You'll get some more ideas.

I marinated the steak overnight, then cut the raw steak up into strips about 3/8 of an inch thick. (However, I think I will go a little thicker next time.) I laid out a strip of bacon, covered it with a strip of steak, then rolled it up and held it together with a couple of toothpicks. Mine were pretty basic - but tasty!

Use the google search at the bottom of the brethren page - and search for pinwheels. You'll get some more ideas.

Sweet. Thanks!

Back