Weber One-Touch Platinum - Current Model Unpopular?

cbpeck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I so rarely see the current Weber One-Touch Platinum models around that I'm wondering if they sell many of them.

The price is pretty ambitious for a kettle, and I suppose the split table design may not be as desirable as the single, large table on the Performer.

Anybody have a current, dual table Platinum? If so, do you like it?

To me the split table design is the only flaw it has. I've only ever seen one in person, and I am glad I have the old school platinum compared to it, soley because of the split table.

Ive got one. no issues with the split table. up nice and high compared to the old ones. no complaints here

I looked at them in depth, but I use big cutting boards and serving trays.
I just felt for me personally the split table would of ended up in a drop of a meal sooner or later.
So they were checked off my list. For those who are less messy than me it could work.. but not for me.

I am happy with my older model Platinum. I also prefer a single table to the split. I am curious how well they are selling.

I am happy with my older model Platinum. I also prefer a single table to the split. I am curious how well they are selling.

Right now it looks like Performers are on sale quite a few places and are only about 60/80 dollars more than a Platinum. Why get the Platinum?

no intrest but they do seem overpriced. not sure i like the way you have to shove the lid away from you.

Back