You GOTTA see this

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
was asked to bid something. Here is what I am up against. Sounds like a big NO WAY!

As requested, here is some general information regarding our event:

• Food services up to 12,000 – this year we had approximately 9,700 and the event grows each time we have it
  • Event is from 10:00 am – to 4:00 pm
    • Buffet services typically from 11:00 – 4:00
    • Snack and beverage stations from 10:00 – 4:00
    • Buffet Stations
      • BBQ pulled pork
      • Steak Burgers
      • Veggie Burgers
      • Breaded chicken tenders
      • Turkey Burgers
      • Hot dogs
      • 2 side dishes
      Snack stations
      • Popcorn (3 flavors
      • Nachos with all the toppings
      • Chips
      • Cookies
      • Ice cream
      • Dippin Dots
      • Cotton Candy
      • Yogurt & fruit Parfaits
      Beverage stations
      • Soda
      • Water
      • Juice boxes for kids
      • Lemonade
      • Tea
    • Price
      • I will not pay more than 10.00 per head for food. I can also tell you that the vendor we have used for the past three years has done a fantastic job, both on quality of food and price.

• Price
      • I will not pay more than 10.00 per head for food. I can also tell you that the vendor we have used for the past three years has done a fantastic job, both on quality of food and price.

Sounds like BS to me.

If the past vendor did all of that for $10/head for 5 hours for the past three years and did a fantastic job, then why would they look anywhere else?

Well unless of course the vendor told them to go scratch!

was asked to bid something. Here is what I am up against. Sounds like a big NO WAY!

Yes, but he needs to come off another $5 bucks a head for service; cheap bastige :mad:

I will not pay more than 10.00 per head for food. I can also tell you that the vendor we have used for the past three years has done a fantastic job, both on quality of food and price

Your answer.....

So why the fark are you talking to me??? :cool:

Do they give you a guarantee on #of heads? I'd do it for a guaranteed $90K. with the possiblity of making $120K...

You would have to write in # of heads per food type so you didnt take a bath on stuff like Veggie burgers....
The key to the other guy pulling it off, is likely having restaurant to put the stuff out he does not sell ....

Not much data there though.... like is that $10/head head = plate... meaningis it a single pass, or unlimited buffet?
Is that $10 per station.... or one trip thought each? etc. etc....

Could be doable, but need alot more info before you knowwhat you are in for. Might be a big moneymaker depening on how the details are structured for 12K people...

Do they give you a guarantee on #of heads? I'd do it for a guaranteed $90K. with the possiblity of making $120K...

You would have to write in # of heads per food type so you didnt take a bath on stuff like Veggie burgers....
The key to the other guy pulling it off, is likely having restaurant to put the stuff out he does not sell ....

Not much data there though.... like is that $10/head head = plate... meaningis it a single pass, or unlimited buffet?

Could be doable, but need alot more info before you knowwhat you are in for. Might be a big moneymaker depening on how the details are structured for 12K people...

I agree. I have asked her a bunch of questions and am waiting a response.

So,
you and Todd up for a roadtrip next summer to split this thing with me?

The other question is, what type of event of this?

If it is for an anorexia convention then it could be a real sweet deal. :wink:

On the other hand, do you know how much 12,000 iron workers could eat? :eek:

The other question is, what type of event of this?

If it is for an anorexia convention then it could be a real sweet deal. :wink:

On the other hand, do you know how much 12,000 iron workers could eat? :eek:

Mix of kids, office workers, utility workers and spouses.

I would say to him- That sounds great! Looks like he will get to do it for a fourth year, I am glad you are happy with his service and price. Have a great day!

Back