Garlic Buttered Sweet Corn

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Sweet corn season is upon us! The two great memories of summer as a kid was sweet corn from the farm and my grandmother's strawberry bed. Both of my boys love sweet corn on the cob. We got our first dozen ears from the farmer's market this weekend along with some fresh made bread. Served with a side of melted butter with garlic, salt, summer savory, thyme, tarragon, and red pepper flakes. The burnt ends were left overs from the contest this weekend.

The herb, garlic butter gets "painted" on with a basting brush. Yum-oh!!! For dessert, rhubarb pie.

Attachments

• laurie bbq andy 021 [640x480].JPG
    laurie bbq andy 021 [640x480].JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 111
I love fresh sweet corn. I could just eat that for a meal.

Looks great.

Doing some myself tonight..

Nothin' much better than buttered corn.

Sweet corn, Dad's strawberries and Mom's Rhubarb crisp. That's what late summer was all about for me.

that herb butter sounds great. they were picking it up at the lake this weekend. i bought some each day and had it that night. nothing better then fresh picked!

Herb butter on fresh corn! That's heavenly eating.

that herb butter sounds great. they were picking it up at the lake this weekend. i bought some each day and had it that night. nothing better then fresh picked!

With some Brauma garlic and you've really got something!

I love fresh corn also. Next time I'll try garlic salt on it.

Nice plate! Been enjoying the corn myself lately. Gonna have to try the herb butter!

Nothing better than sweet corn...Yum Yum.

I thought Peaches and Cream was the best Corn I ever had, but this weekend found some Ambrosia...tops.. thats for sure...

Back