Anybody ever use there bbq rubs on Non BBQ cooks?

Like putting rub on popcorn? I use Old Bay Seasoning on corn-on-the-cob. If you like to experiment, it is an easy way to get different flavors into your food.

Oh yeah, especially Yardbird or the Simply Marvelous rubs. Great way to jazz up veggies...or popcorn. Experiment and enjoy. If you find a recipe you really like, please post and tell us about it.

I rub down a corn cob with butter and then coat with Mike Mills' Magic dust and roast.

Yeah I do. Some of the best seasonings are used in Q'in and why not add them to other dishes?

I put some KC's rub in mashed taters just last night.

Cottage Cheese and pears (or peaches) sprinkled with rubs containing a small amount of sugar makes a great side salad or dessert. Most all of the rubs that are heavier in the granulated garlic or onion taste great on cruciferous vegetables.

Finally eggs cooked all ways taste great with rubs.
I haven't met a deviled egg sprinkled with rub in lieu if paprika yet I didn't like.

Yes, pretty frequently on veggies, esprctilly oven roasted corn-on-the-cob.

All the time. I LOVE my rubs that I make, and I put it on a lot. My favorite is on eggs in the morning!

Me too! Corn on the cob, popcorn, potato and veggie dishes and eggs in the morning.
I keep shakers of Big Poppa's Happy Endings by the stove and a shaker of SYD Chicken Rub close by.
I used to keep Tatonka Dust by the stove too but I'm out. It's good on everything.

Always in my tuna salad or egg salad when making sammiches. Like it in my Kraft Dinner (Kraft Macaroni & Cheese for you Yankees :heh: )

Yardbird on eggs is the only way I cook em now, Yardbird instead of Paprika on deviled eggs, Yardbird in my mac'n'cheese

You could say I am a fan of Yardbird

Back