• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A BBQ Brethren Event Hicksville Hose Co 4 BBQ cook off and car show September 23 2012 Hicksville NY

Prize pool is almost completed

Pro grade eZup
22.5 weber smokey mountain
22.5 weber kettle gold
Thermapens
Coolers

The judged portion has pork ribs, chefs choice chicken and chefs choice beef. A teams points will added up and prizes will be awarded 1-5th as well as trophies.

The prizes for people's choice are the same as the judged event

I should have the cooks packet done in the next few days.

Sal

Well the whole point of the people's choice is for my fire company to raise money. It is included in the 100 dollar entry fee.

Prizes for People's choice

1st 10 x 10 pro grade EZUp
2nd 22.5 weber kettle gold
3rd Thermapen
4th cooler

Trophies 1-5

Prizes for judged

Weber smokey mountain 22.5
EZUp
Kettle
Thermapen
Cooler

Trophies 1-5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the whole point of the people's choice is for my fire company to raise money. It is included in the 100 dollar entry fee.

Prizes for People's choice

1st 10 x 10 pro grade EZUp
2nd 22.5 weber kettle gold
3rd Thermapen
4th cooler

Trophies 1-5

Prizes for judged

Weber smokey mountain 22.5
EZUp
Kettle
Thermapen
Cooler

Trophies 1-5

I understand that but some don't have the capacity to cook people's choice , so if need be is it optional?

We will work with teams that don't have the capacity on a case by case basis. I just don't want to have 3 teams in the people choice lol

Sal

Sorry to say that EZ Cue will not be competing this year to defend our People's Choice win. Will definitely try and make it down as a spectator though!

Sorry to say that EZ Cue will not be competing this year to defend our People's Choice win. Will definitely try and make it down as a spectator though!
Just tell everyone that came by last year that you are competing as Smokin' Irish. :-D

Does every team receive the same amount of ribs for people choice? St Louis spares?

I notice the rain date on the web site. Is that for the car show or for both. Most of us are not used to rescheduling due to weather. Should we not sign up if we can't make the rain date. Or can we get a refund.

Any word on turn in times or peoples choice yet? Is there going to be a garnish? Can the chicken be trimmed ( Not Marinated) before? I just did a case of ribs on labor day and there were 16 racks in the case.

Teams paid as of 8pm 9/4

1)BadAss Competition
2)Bethpage Fire Dept
3)Smoke N Barrel
4)Hicksville FD Company 6
5)RxellentQ
6)RubMeRight
7)Two Fat Pollacks
8)Hicksville Greg
9)Mike's Backyard

Teams paid as of 8pm 9/4

1)BadAss Competition
2)Bethpage Fire Dept
3)Smoke N Barrel
4)Hicksville FD Company 6no theyre not gonna win peoples choice :rolleyes:
5)RxellentQ
6)RubMeRight
7)Two Fat Pollacks
8)Hicksville Greg
9)Mike's Backyard

Garnish? I thought this was a Brethren event not a KCBS Board of Elections meet and greet.

Back