• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
Very nice build. How much have you put in to it so far? Also, about how many hours of labor? I see you have it modeled after a Jambo. Should be a great cooker and I am looking forward to seeing your results. I have a top shelf on the smoke stack side in my Jambo and when the grate level is 250 the top shelf is 325. Makes a great place for cooking chicken or setting the glaze on ribs.

Very nice build. How much have you put in to it so far? Also, about how many hours of labor? I see you have it modeled after a Jambo. Should be a great cooker and I am looking forward to seeing your results. I have a top shelf on the smoke stack side in my Jambo and when the grate level is 250 the top shelf is 325. Makes a great place for cooking chicken or setting the glaze on ribs.

Thank you. We have about $2,000.00 in it so far. and We've been working on it every saturday since the beginning of this thread.

We are out of 3/4 angle iron for another grate but we are also going to put a top shelf on the smoke stack side.

Thank you. We have about $2,000.00 in it so far. and We've been working on it every saturday since the beginning of this thread.

We are out of 3/4 angle iron for another grate but we are also going to put a top shelf on the smoke stack side.

From the pictures it looks like you have done excellent work. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. What color are you going with for the trailer? Are you powder coating the pit or going with high temp paint? If you plan on using pit probes, make your cuts before painting. Again, great job!

From the pictures it looks like you have done excellent work. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. What color are you going with for the trailer? Are you powder coating the pit or going with high temp paint? If you plan on using pit probes, make your cuts before painting. Again, great job!

The entire rig will be gloss black (box, chamber, trailer, etc). The Firebox, chamber and anything close by will be coated with a high temp gloss black. Because the high temp is so much more expensive, we'll use regular gloss black for the rest. We're going to put "That's What She Said" across the back of the chamber in neon pink.. possibly find a good spot for a pin-up girl..if not on the trailer then definitely in the logo.

Before we paint it, we'll drill our holes for the temp guages and probes.

It looks great! Its a ton of work isn't it? :cool: But well worth it. Looking forward to seeing you and your rig in person soon. Great job!
Picking mine up from the paint shop tonight. Finally done spraying and respraying the paint on the silly trailer.

It looks great! Its a ton of work isn't it? :cool: But well worth it. Looking forward to seeing you and your rig in person soon. Great job!
Picking mine up from the paint shop tonight. Finally done spraying and respraying the paint on the silly trailer.

Thank you thank you. Definitely a ton of work and definitely worth it! I'm with ya'..we can't wait to dive into the competition circuit.

I hope you have some pics to share after you pickerup!

OKAY..we didn't do much work today BUT we did do our first test run so I'm okay with the lack of progress.

This is a shot of the completed firebox. One of the springs looks a bit shorter and that is only because I bent it a bit while we were welding it to the damper. Also, we hit the firebox walls with a temp gun and the surface temps never rose above 130 degrees..

completedfb.jpg

We had to bust the first-up out for shelter... Horrible rain for the first half of the day..

raingo.jpg

Next shot is the biscuit test--as promised. The first 8 inches or so was quite a bit hotter than the rest of the chamber..BUT if you look at the biscuits, you'll see that the temps were dead on everywhere else...very minor fluctuations from one side to the other...We were very happy about this!

biscuittest.jpg

The brisket was a beaut. Possibly one of the best I've had..which was a surprise to us because of the horrible conditions and other obstacles.

firstbrisketonnewsmoker.jpg

There you have it, folks! More to come next week!

Thanks guys. The build has been fun. After finding out that it is no less efficient than a J***O, we are even more excited than we have been the whole time!

Get excited fellas! We should be getting her painted this weekend! May get the wires ran and the lights installed also..she'll be shinin'! Keep your eyes peeled!

Looking great! Wish we had been able to go with a dual axle setup like you did. Guess I will have build another one. ;>

Forgot to ask. As you can see, we don't have any back stops for a door. We were concerned the paint would wear after opening and closing for so long.

Has anyone dipped the stop in silicone or rubber? Whatdyegot?

For stops I welded square stock to the top of the cooker then found rubber tips that go on the bottom of a walking stick / cane that fit over them. When they get a little old I just replace them .

Thank you. That's a good idea. We are going to repaint. We think we can do a better job. progress will start to slow while we build up more funds. We'll be sure to keep you up to date!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336362136.205369.jpg

Thank you. That's a good idea. We are going to repaint. We think we can do a better job. progress will start to slow while we build up more funds. We'll be sure to keep you up to date!

View attachment 64259

Looking great! What are you going to call it? K19? Das Boot? :mrgreen:
The firebox came out great. You have to share what paint you used.
It looks better than ours came out. I am using the rubber dip on the stops that you dip tool handles into. Wish I had gotten the paint hardened up before I rolled the doors open. My stops have already scratched the paint.

Back