Drumroll Please. The MOAB.

Here's one for your heritage: Mia Bello Bambino = My Beautiful Baby

Phil Nice looking pit!
Have you asked Dave for the birth certificate yet, it just may have a legal name.

WEll guys.. Are you sitting down for this???

BOS is going back to the creator. The damge was prettty nasty. I sent Dave pictures and he called back tellin me if he dont get it fixed, he will be having nightmares about that pit.. Seems you are not aloud to get a damaged pit from Dave Klose. He insisted that if I didnt mind waiting, he will take that pit back do the repairs and and complete the mods that I was going to do myself and then re-ship it back. After discussing some design issues I didnt like, he said he would just rebuild it from scratch with the issues fixed and the mods installed and he'll sell the old pit at the shop. So version II of Bandera On Steroids is in the makings. This will be a true cutom designed pit with all the tweaks that were missing in the first.. I am psyched!!

MrSmoker said:

my feelings exactly..

sucks it got damaged.
sucks its going back
but its coming bck even better, so i just gotta be patient.

While ocookin on it the first night i seasoned it, i saw great features and potential. Just the waterpan was a real nightmare and the i think it was too wide and cutoff too much of the chamber. I was going to gut and reweld the waterpan. But the biggest problem was the 1/4 inch firebox. That to me was the show stopper. Original design was a 1/2 inch firebox and 5/16 pit so i agreed to ship it back and start over. sucks today, but ultimately a good thing.

Nice wrapping job. Looks like you spent your youth tp'ing houses.

What did you not like about the 1/4" firebox? Worried about rust/burn through?

The wrapping is shrinkwrap that they do on boats and stuff fro the winter. My neighbor does it for a side job.

I got spoiled with the 1/2 inch firebox on the BYC. Maintains 250 with a matchbook. besides, i paid for 1/2 inch why not get it?

When Son Of BOS shows up with its 1/2" firebox, and you place it next to your BYC, do you worry about a localized subsidence problem?

:shock:

Back